Mid / Senior-Level Executive Compensation Attorney
Permanent - Full Time
Business - Corporate
We are building a practice in San Francisco to represent Silicon Valley founders and CEOs personally and scale this practice globally. This is an opportunity for you to play a key role and get in on the ground floor as we launch this exciting practice. This is the ideal opportunity if you are someone who has gained masterful skills counseling companies in the area of Executive Compensation, Employee Benefits and Employment Law Counseling and is ready to leverage those skills working directly with the top leaders in Silicon Valley and New York.
You will be joining one of our Senior Partners, who is also the Global Head of the Founder Practice. In addition to being known as one of the top lawyers in Silicon Valley for representing founders, our Global Head of the Founder Practice has also been general counsel for three technology companies (including the first GC of LinkedIn) and began his career as a management-side employment lawyer. He is passionate about tech and being the consiglieri to many of the leaders in Silicon Valley and is looking to build a culture for the Founder Practice that more closely resembles an agile startup rather than a law firm.
- Counsel clients on executive compensation and employment law matters, in the context of mergers and acquisitions, financings, and other corporate transactions.
- Provide advice on executive compensation including long-term incentive compensation; deferred compensation; employment, change in control, and severance agreements; and related issues under Internal Revenue Code Sections 280G and 409A.
- Advises and negotiates employment agreements, separation agreements, and noncompete agreements, on behalf of executives and employers.
- Negotiates, structures and implements equity compensation plans, bonus plans, deferred compensation arrangements, and change of control agreements for public and private companies and private equity portfolio companies. #LI-Post
Skills and experience required
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a law firm's Executive Compensation or Corporate group supporting M&A deals.
- Experience drafting and negotiating employment agreements, separation agreements and noncompete agreements.
- Extensive knowledge 409a, 280G and tax issues related to equity.
- If you do not have experience representing founders or executives personally that is not required. We are confident you will find it a more personally rewarding practice and we look forward to mentoring you in this area.