Records and Information Analyst
Permanent - Full Time
Library and Knowledge Services
This position collects and analyzes data to support the management of records and information, completes special projects, coordinates the client file transfer review process, provides back-up support during absences, conducts research, and performs standard records clerk duties. In addition, this position works closely with the US Records Manager in overseeing the records operation for the West Coast offices to further advance the firm’s records and information management program.
The individual’s primary work location will be the Los Angeles office and will occasionally be scheduled to work in the San Francisco office as needed (please note that when needed to work in another US office, the firm will reimburse for reasonable travel to and from Los Angeles and other US offices).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Familiarity with information governance best practices, the laws and regulations of various jurisdictions and governing bodies, and the ability to take initiative in matters relating to the proper and economical governance of records and information
- Assist US Records Manager in developing and driving records and information policies
- Assist US Records Manager in overseeing the day-to-day records and information operation for the West Coast offices; and provide records assistance back-up to all US offices as needed
- Coordinate the collection, review and transfer of electronic and paper records in compliance with file transfer requests
- Collect data, perform complex analytical or interpretive tasks, develop reports, and lead projects to support and improve the management of the Records Department
- Assist in the management of onsite and offsite inventories to maximize storage capacity and use; process filing; and arrange for pick-ups and deliveries of records with archive facilities
- Maintain accurate database records regarding the status and circulation of records
- Perform periodic audits/inventory scans of offices and file locations
- Perform assigned tasks that support the organization’s legal hold process
- Facilitate the disposition of records, in accordance with retention policy and established procedures
- Ensure proper records security by following established procedures to control access and protect custodial information; maintain confidentiality of client and firm matters
- Ensure all firm personnel comply with technology, security, and document retention guidelines
- Perform other job related duties as required
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Skills and experience required
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills, and acute attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure using good judgment, learn new processes quickly, and adapt to new environments and procedures
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and lead a team engaged in records-related projects
- Effective organizational and researching skills
- Ability to operate as a proactive team member but also to work and focus on tasks independently of others
- Ability to ask for and accept direction, while also taking ownership of and resolving issues
- Strong MS Office skills and administration/clerical skills for updating records
- Ability to communicate in a confident, calm, and professional manner with a variety of stakeholders, including partners and legal assistants
- Perform repetitive tasks over sustained periods of time (file shifts, file moves)
- Regularly lift, rearrange and carry materials weighing up to 40 pounds
- Experience with records and document management systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least three years of increasingly complex experience in administrative, records and information management, reference library work, or similar field. Law or professional services firm experience is highly desired.