IT Support Analyst/IT Training
Permanent - Full Time
The key element of the role is to provide excellent IT support and IT training activities to all Withers partners and staff. We are looking for an enthusiastic IT Support Analyst/Trainer to educate and support the business. Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills are required with the ability to work with and influence a wide range of people including partners, directors, secretaries, business support teams, project managers and IT staff.
A high level of personal organisation and professionalism is required, together with a 'can-do' attitude and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. You must inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business. As an experienced, technical and personable individual, from a professional service or legal background, you will be highly confident in supporting all users within the global Firm.
Working as part of our Global IT Service Delivery Team, the individual's primary work base will be the Hong Kong office but travel may be required. The candidate will report to the Hong Kong IT Manager and IT Training Manager (based in London) and work closely with them and the global team to assist with delivery of the firm's strategy and expectations.
Areas of focus and responsibilities:
The Role has 2 main aspects
IT Technical Support:
- Perform technical support functions via phone, remote connection and desk side visits.
- Log calls in the Service Desk management tool to ensure incidents and requests are managed in a timely manner and escalated using the correct procedures. Close calls when a satisfactory resolution has been achieved.
- Correctly diagnose software and hardware faults and liaise with 3rd party engineers. Incidents should be carried out within reasonable time scales and monitored to resolution.
- Identify major support incidents and liaise with support teams, following the Major Incident process.
- Build and support laptops, desktops, printers and remote devices such as iPhones.
- Escalating support issues timely and in accordance with process, in order that they may be resolved within reasonable time scales.
- Assist with user account management.
- Administer IT asset inventories, ensuring records are kept fully up to date.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining contact with other IT Support Analysts in all offices to ensure that a cohesive approach is being adopted across the firm.
- Work with global video conferencing team to set up and support AV calls and conferences.
- Involved in global project rollouts, upgrades as directed by the HK IT Manager.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base.
- Deliver training in classroom, remotely and at desk side. Either in structured classes, team meetings or one-on-ones. Floor-walk on a regular basis to provide ‘at desk’ training assistance.
- Maintain the LMS, containing all training hand-outs, eLearning and course schedule.
- Deliver the LTC4 Programme, Learning Plans and Knowledge Check for all staff globally.
- Build and maintain relationships within teams to promote IT Training ensuring knowledge and awareness and business challenges through workshops, days in teams, surveys and gap analysis.
- Continually maintain and expand strong working knowledge of current Firm-supported and future technologies to provide training to end-users.
- Design new training courses and assist with the preparation and maintenance of IT Training related materials and documentation.
- Assist with advertisement of courses, scheduling delegates and monitoring attendance of courses.
- Work to a Global IT Training schedule.
- Assist with the creation of customised "Personal IT Development Plans" for members of staff at all levels of the firm.
- Induction training for Partners and staff.
- Assist the Service Desk and Systems teams with any queries as required.
- Assist with Service Desk cover during busy periods.
- Assist the IT Training Manager and Head of Service Delivery with additional responsibilities as requested.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Technical skills and qualifications
- Technical knowledge of supporting Windows 10 Professional in a networked environment
- Experience of working in a Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange environment
- Detailed knowledge of the Microsoft Office 2003, 2010/13 suite including installing, configuring and support within a network environment
- Understanding of networking technologies (wired and wireless)
- Knowledge of remote working technologies – Citrix and DUO 2 factor Administration
- Mobile phone (iPhone) support and administration
- PC and Laptop configuration
- Configuration, analysis and diagnostics of PC, Printer and Laptop faults. Familiarity with PC hardware, Laptops, Laser printers and multifunction devices
- Document Management System – iManage or similar
- Time Management/Recording (desired but not essential) – Elite or similar
- Excellent communication skills to deliver training and presentations to all levels ,both 1-2-1 and large groups
- Professional Services specific applications –Laser forms, Elite and InterAction.
- Minimum 3-4 years' experience in a law firm or similar/professional environment
- ITIL V3/V4 foundation certificate in Service Management
- Graduate or equivalent in a numerate subject
- ITIL Foundation
- TAP (or equivalent ) qualified
- Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) or Microsoft Office Specialist Master Instructor
- Remote Training (via GoToMeeting or similar)
- Project Management experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a law firm or similar/professional environment.
Personal qualities and approach
- Inspires confidence that issues raised will be resolved
- Excellent communicator at all levels. Empathises with user frustrations; capable of dealing with people in a calm, professional and effective manner
- Excellent analytical troubleshooting skills with the ability to resolve problems methodically and logically
- Strong written communication skills with a high standard of user training documentation and technical procedure writing skills
- Enthusiastic and approachable
- Must possess good problem-solving skills and a calm and focused attitude.
- Must be a pro-active, team player but have the ability to work and focus on tasks independently of others. The individual will be required to manage major service outages and incidents in a calm, methodical and professional manner.
- Monday to Friday, 40 hour week, with core working hours between 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 pm. Flexibility is a must as out of hours support and occasional overtime during projects and rollouts is part of the role.
- Out of hours flexibility for ad-hoc major incident support is also a requirement.
- 12 week probation period, week notice period
Withers has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 42% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.