Revenue Control Assistant
Permanent - Full Time
About Withers KhattarWong LLP
We offer a full range of legal services to corporations, institutions and successful individuals, including some of the biggest companies and leading families in Singapore. Our lawyers are qualified to practice in a wide range of key jurisdictions including Singapore, Australia, British Virgin Islands, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, UK and US.
Our clients include 80% of major international and regional insurance companies in Singapore, 70% of major banks based here, funds, Fortune 500 companies, publicly listed and private companies as well as a significant proportion of successful individuals and family members in the Forbes Asia’s Richest Families list.
To be a member of the Firm’s Credit Control team and partner with the Revenue Controller and the business on their financial management including work in progress and collections for the APAC region, being predominantly Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney offices. To continuously work on improving the firm's working capital including work in progress (WIP) and aged debtors through the operation of established systems and procedures and structured proactive chasing of clients. To liaise closely and help fee earners concerning the approach and action taken to recover overdue debts and the management of their WIP.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- To assist the Revenue Controller on collections including
- Firm's receipting of monies received
- Operate the Firm’s credit control system, phone and chase clients, send bill reminder letters and statements to clients
- Advise fee earners on progress in chasing outstanding debts and to co-ordinate with them regarding action to be taken to recover seriously overdue debts
- Execute the monthly issuance of statement of accounts
- To assist the Revenue Controller and the fee earners with the management of their WIP
- To assist the Revenue Controller on the preparation of reports and the quarterly debt provisioning exercise
- To assist the Revenue Controller with ad hoc projects
Skills and attributes
- GCE O level and Diploma level in Accounting (or equivalent)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Competent with Word, Excel, Elite, Outlook
- Good telephone manner
- Highly computer literate
- Results orientated and proactive
- Attention to details
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Legal credit control experience (e.g. 2 years)
- Sympathetic and understanding of clients yet with gravitas to agree terms with clients
- Team player
Information for Recruitment Agencies
We endeavour to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, we operate a preferred supplier list ('PSL') and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities for all employees/prospective employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.