IT Technical Systems Analyst (Infrastructure Team)
Permanent - Full Time
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced technical systems analyst to join our highly skilled, highly motivated Infrastructure team. The candidate must be passionate about technology, solution driven and enjoy collaborating as part of a larger team. The ideal candidate will have strong expertise across a wide array of Infrastructure platforms, specialising as a subject matter expert in a number of these.
The role will include operational support and maintenance, as well as project related work streams. The candidate will need to be comfortable taking on this mixture of responsibilities, which will vary between design, implementation and operational tasks.
The candidate should be comfortable recommending improvements, contributing to strategy, building mandates and architecting new solutions aligned to our overall Infrastructure strategy. They will be taking a technical lead on work steams, and must have the interpersonal skills required to engage with technical and non-technical stake holders.
The candidate needs to be a technologist with a genuine passion and enthusiasm for what they do. A high level of personal organisation and professionalism is required, together with a proactive attitude and an ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines. The candidate must be able to manage their own day to day workload, advising the Infrastructure Manager as to risks and recommendations.
The individual will work in the London office as part of the Global Systems Team. The Global Systems Team is located in London and is responsible for supporting and maintaining the firm's technology across geographical regions. The Global Systems Team is split into two functional but collaborative groups – Infrastructure and Applications.
The Infrastructure team are responsible for supporting the firm's global Infrastructure platforms and services, including but not limited to Windows Server operating systems, Active Directory Services, Co-Lo, virtualisation, compute, storage, backup, networking, cloud, UC and security.
The priority for all IT activity is to maintain the highest levels of stability and reliability in the services delivered.
Technical experience required
- 5 years in a technical lead role.
- Industry recognised technical qualifications.
- Experience architecting and implementing technical solutions.
- Proven 3rd line troubleshooting skills and root cause analysis.
- Strong practical understanding of IT security, patching, compliance and best practices.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 – 2019.
- Active Directory Services, DFS, File Services, DHCP, Group Policy, Certificate Services/PKI, ADFS/SSO.
- SAN - HPE 3PAR, EMC Unity XT, Pure Storage, Cisco MDS.
- Cisco UCS, HPE ProLiant, HPE Apollo.
- Cloud technologies, specifically Microsoft Azure.
- Virtualisation - VMware vSphere.
- Backup – Veeam backup & replication.
- Networking – Cisco, Check Point.
- Unified Communications.
- Monitoring – Solarwinds, Veeam ONE.
- Experience of working in an ITIL-based support environment
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Support systems, ensuring that the highest levels of stability and reliability are maintained.
- Identify, document and undertake maintenance and administration processes on systems globally.
- Provide a technical resource for projects, producing and maintaining technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base. Progress projects and tasks on time and to budget.
- Design, implement and document Infrastructure solutions.
- Develop, present and implement proposals to improve systems and infrastructure
- Contribute to and produce Infrastructure budget mandates.
- Contribute to the overall Infrastructure strategy.
- Monitor the team queue in the service desk call-logging system to ensure incidents are managed in a timely manner and escalated using the correct procedures. Close calls when a satisfactory resolution has been achieved.
- Define and track SLAs for assigned key systems.
- Maintain technical leadership in assigned technologies, and ensure that responsibilities for key technologies are appropriately allocated and understood by colleagues.
- Correctly diagnose software and hardware faults and liaise with 3rd party engineers where needed. Incidents should be actioned within agreed timescales and monitored to resolution.
- Working with the IT Infrastructure Manager, ensure that support contracts are in place for all systems and appropriate support, backup and capacity procedures are in place and documented.
- Assist with infrastructure / server support and patching out of other office core hours.
- Identify major support incidents and liaise with support teams, following the Major Incident process. Inform the line manager and IT Management of any escalating support issues in order that they may be resolved within reasonable time scales.
- Adhere fully to the Change and Release management processes.
- Adhere fully to the Problem management process and to the investigation of the root cause of outages.
- Ensure that the housekeeping and administration of systems are carried out in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures
- Ensure security is maintained in line with the Firm’s security standards
- Contribute to the IT Risk register to identify and manage operational risks and work to eliminate areas of vulnerability
- 9.30am to 5.30pm core but flexibility is a must
- 8am to 4pm early shift is in place. It rotates every 4 weeks
- 24/7 on call rota is in place. It rotates every 4 weeks
- Agile working environment split between two London office and home
- 12 weeks' probation period
- 12 weeks’ notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
About Withers Worldwide
Withers have been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world, the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot.
With over 150 partners and more than 450 other lawyers, we have unparalleled expertise in commercial, tax, trusts, estate planning, financial services, litigation and arbitration, real estate, charities, employment, family law and other legal issues facing individuals and their families. The firm has advised 42% of the top 100 UK Sunday Times Rich List and over 20% of the top 100 US Forbes list, as well as numerous families in Asia.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.