Paralegal (PCT International Tax)
Permanent - Full Time
Private Client and Tax
About Withers KhattarWong LLP
We offer a full range of legal services to corporations, institutions and successful individuals, including some of the biggest companies and leading families in Singapore. Our lawyers are qualified to practice in a wide range of key jurisdictions including Singapore, Australia, British Virgin Islands, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, UK and US.
Our clients include 80% of major international and regional insurance companies in Singapore, 70% of major banks based here, funds, Fortune 500 companies, publicly listed and private companies as well as a significant proportion of successful individuals and family members in the Forbes Asia’s Richest Families list.
Our team helps successful families and entrepreneurs around the world structure their assets in a way that will preserve their wealth now and for future generations.
We advise on all aspects of wealth structuring, using domestic and international trusts and foundations and private trust companies in local as well as offshore jurisdictions and we co-ordinate the acquisition of appropriate investments.
Our advice to fiduciaries covers the design and implementation of new plans, as well as the modernization and consolidation of older trusts. We also assist them in complying with the complex rules surrounding investments, accounting, taxes and compliance.
As a paralegal in our Private Client & Tax practice group, you will focus on all aspects of Private Client work, including assisting with:
- Effective communication and seamless legal support for fee earners and their clients
- Assist lawyers in the preparation of documents including the drafting, reviewing and amending materials such as wills, memorandums, client care letters and enduring powers of attorney
- Providing ongoing compliance and administrative services
- Creating and maintaining document and correspondence database
- Providing assistance on billing
- Preparing applications for tax incentive/exemptions
- Preparing and/or drafting immigration applications and handling client queries
- Attending to clients
- Conducting legal research
- General ad hoc tasks as and when required by the lawyers
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job and, as such, the role may include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Key Skills and Experience
The incumbent will ideally have 2 years' experience within a corporate, banking & finance or private client practice.
We would be keen to receive applications from candidates who are graduates from Singapore Polytechnic or foreign qualified lawyers currently based in Singapore and looking to transition into a Paralegal role.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of two years' experience in a paralegal role is desirable, however all levels will be considered
- Native or business level language skills in either Bahasa or Mandarin, as well as fluency in English
- Excellent written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Analytical, organised and able to work independently and exercise initiative
- Excellent research skills and at ease across various technology platforms
- Able to work as part of a dynamic team, a team player with a proactive and can do attitude
- Strong academic record
Qualifications and experience required
- LLB in foreign jurisdiction
- Minimum of 2 years legal practice experience
- Candidates must already have the right to work in Singapore
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.