Permanent - Full Time
Business - Corporate
Job title: Funds Associate
Location: Hong Kong
Withersworldwide have been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot. We continually look for opportunities to ensure we are based in the same locations as our clients and their wealth. We have represented 63% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as a significant number of people listed in the US (Forbes) and Asian (Hurun) Rich Lists.
The firm consists of three global legal Divisions: Business; Dispute Resolution and Private Client & Tax. Each Division is headed by a Divisional CEO and Divisional Operating Officer. There is also an overarching CEO of the global firm.
You will be assisting in the structuring and formation of various types of funds, including private equity funds and hedges funds.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job and, as such, the role may include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Key skills and experience
- Have significant and broad funds experience;
- Advising on fundraisings for traditional closed-ended fund products,
- Restructuring of investment managers and investment advisers,
- Acquisition of fund management groups,
- Working with clients to navigate the various regulatory issues affecting investment management matters,
- In depth knowledge of alternative investment funds regulatory environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Open-minded, motivated and dynamic
- UK, US or HK qualified
- Fluent in English, understanding of Japanese and/or Chinese will be an asset
- Have experience at a top-tier firm or reputable in house organisation
- 9.30 – 6.00pm but flexibility is a must
- Flexible benefit package
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.