IT Change and Release Analyst, Applications Team (8 month FTC)
Fixed Term - Full Time
Job title: IT Change and Release Analyst (Applications Team)
Reporting to: IT Change and Release Manager
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive Change and Release analyst. You will work alongside the Change and Release manager to ensure that IT technical changes and software and desktop releases are delivered following Withers policies, processes and best practise.
The position will primarily support the day to day release management activities, which will include tracking progress of a Release item through the Release Cycle, managing pilots, tracking and updating release schedules, creating and distribution of release based reports and other essentials administration as directed. Additionally, the role will assist in supporting the weekly Change Advisory Board (CAB).
Possessing a strong professional and flexible character is a key requirement for this role. You must be proactive, motivated, hold a great attention to detail and have a willingness to learn. You will need to be self-sufficient within your daily duties and be comfortable working day to day with a wide range of people, including members of the senior management, project managers, technical and support teams and legal staff to ensure the effective delivery of business-led initiatives.
A very high level of personal organisation is required, together with a 'can-do' attitude and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. This person must inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
The individual will work in the London office as part of the Global Systems Team. The Global Systems Team is located in London and is responsible for supporting and maintaining the firm's technology across geographical regions. The Global Systems Team is split in by four functional but collaborative groups – Applications, Infrastructure, Testing and Change/Release.
This role requires experience of working in a medium to large multi-site professional services organisation and broad experience of the legal industry. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
The priority for all IT activity is to maintain the highest levels of stability and reliability in the services delivered.
- 3 year working experience, ideally from similar position or IT administrator or service delivery role
- Industry recognised technical qualifications or degree educated. ITIL Foundation or ITIL certificate in Release, Control and Validation will be advantageous
- Previous exposure to ITIL release, service management and/or project management
- Experience of working in an ITIL-based support environment and with service desk systems
- Involvement in design and implementation of policy, process and procedure
- Excellent computer literacy – particularly MS Office, Service Management tools
- Practical understanding of IT security, patching, compliance and best practices
- Legal-industry background and awareness of applications such as iManage, Interaction, BigHand, IntApp Suite, and Elite
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle work pressures to successfully deliver releases
- Experience of working across different business areas, demonstrating customer focus and good corporate awareness.
- Demonstrable ability of being able to communicate across departments at all levels and with senior management, technical, support and business stakeholders both internally and externally
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Provide admin assistance as directed by IT Change and Release manager
- Coordinate with Applications and Testing Team Leader the build and testing process of releases
- Coordinate the scheduling, implementation and roll out of releases
- Provide communication and information, including relevant release reports as required
- Ensure appropriate checkpoints are met and coordinate release sign off
- Complete post implementation reviews as required
- Assist in design of new release processes with the guidance of the IT Change and Release manager.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure the release process is appropriately documented, communicated and understood.
- Understand underlying procedures, document and communicate as appropriate
- Monitor efficiency and effectiveness by providing management information on releases to senior management as required
- Carry out regular reviews of the release processes with IT Change and Release manager, identify and recommend service improvements
- Ensure all IT teams follow change and release management process & maintain quality checks
- Assist the IT Change and Release manager in completing regular audits of the release process
- Analyse incident logs caused by releases to identify occasions where process has not been followed. Highlight any repeated non-compliance
- Provide a release resource for projects run by the Head of IT Systems or Project Management Office and produce and maintain technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base. Progress assigned release tasks on time and to budget
- Monitor the team queue in the service desk call-logging system for active pilots, to ensure incidents are managed in a timely manner and escalated using the correct procedures
- Working with the IT Change and Release Manager, ensure that software assets management system is up to date and that compliance and software costs are controlled
- Establish and maintain contact with colleagues in all offices to ensure that a consistent approach is being adopted across the firm.
- Continually maintain and expand working knowledge of current Firm-supported and future technologies to provide technically accurate solutions to end-users.
- Adhere fully to the Change and Release management processes
- Ensure security is maintained in line with the Firm’s security standards
- Contribute to the IT Risk register to identify and manage operational risks and work to eliminate areas of vulnerability
- 9.30am to 5.30pm core but flexibility is a must
- Agile working environment split between two London office and home
About Withers Worldwide
Withers have been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world, the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot.
With over 150 partners and more than 450 other lawyers, we have unparalleled expertise in commercial, tax, trusts, estate planning, financial services, litigation and arbitration, real estate, charities, employment, family law and other legal issues facing individuals and their families. The firm has advised 42% of the top 100 UK Sunday Times Rich List and over 20% of the top 100 US Forbes list, as well as numerous families in Asia.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.