Withers is an international law firm dedicated to entrepreneurs, successful people and their businesses.
With over 160 partners and more than 450 other lawyers, we have unparalleled expertise in commercial, tax, trusts, estate planning, financial services, litigation and arbitration, real estate, charities, philanthropy, employment, family law and other legal issues facing businesses, individuals and their families. The firm has advised 63% of the top 100 UK Sunday Times Rich List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List, and 35% of Forbes Asia’s Richest Families list.
Withers has 17 offices worldwide in London, Cambridge, New York, New Haven, Greenwich (Connecticut), San Francisco, San Diego, Los Angeles, Rancho Santa Fe, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, the British Virgin Islands, Geneva, Milan and Padua.
We are looking for a technical systems analyst with strong desktop, application, server and backend infrastructure skills. This role has been created to provide consistent 3rd line systems support to the APAC region – including response to monitoring alerts, patching our systems and where required providing local support to IT projects.
You must be able to perform generalist systems administration across the firms IT system and work with internal SME's and 3rd party vendors for troubleshooting when required. You will need to be self-sufficient within your daily duties and proactive in supporting the APAC region. Importantly, and as you will appreciate, the priority for all IT activity is to maintain the highest levels of stability and reliability in the services delivered.
This role requires experience of working in a medium to large multi-site professional services organisation and broad experience of legal industry applications. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required with the ability to work with a wide range of people including vendors, project managers, technologists, legal staff, partners, secretaries and other support staff.
Working in the Singapore office, the role forms part of the Global Systems Team. The team undertake the day-to-day administration, support, implementation and development of all the Firm’s IT systems.
The Global Systems Team is located in London and is responsible for supporting and maintaining the firm's technology across geographical regions. The Global Systems Team is split in by two functional but collaborative groups - Applications and Infrastructure. This role will sit between the two groups and take direction from both as required. A matrix management system is in place where you will report to the local IT Manager on a day-to-day basis as well as take direction from the IT Applications Manager and IT Infrastructure Manager, both based in London.
Technical experience required
To be successful in this role, you will have 3-5 years in a technical support role, and your experience will be supported with an industry recognised technical qualifications or a relevant degree.
You will have working knowledge of supporting and maintaining:
- Microsoft operating systems (2012 - 2019)
- The Microsoft application stack such as Exchange, Skype, SQL, SCCM and Office Products
- legal-industry applications such as iManage, BigHand, Interaction, Elite, IntApp Suite and Mimecast.
- Microsoft Active Directory and authentication services like ADFS, LDAP etc
- virtual technologies like VMware and Citrix
Additionally, you will have demonstrated skills, experience and an understanding in:
- 3rd line troubleshooting skills and root cause analysis
- SAN technology, WAN/LAN/DMZ, switching, routing and network technology
- IT security and compliance best practices
- knowledge of MDM solutions
- knowledge of Office 365 services, Azure and PowerShell is advantageous
- scripting and manipulating data in SQL is advantageous
- what excellent customer service is in a professional services environment
- working in an ITIL-based support environment and with Help Desk systems
This role requires a high level of personal organisation and professionalism, together with a 'can-do' attitude and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. You must inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Undertake daily checks on systems and resolve warning and errors highlighted via monitoring systems
- 3rd line support of all systems, ensuring that the highest levels of stability and reliability are maintained
- Monitor the team queue in the Help Desk call-logging system to ensure incidents, service requests and problems are managed in a timely manner.
- Identify, document and undertake maintenance and administration processes on systems infrastructure globally as well as produce and maintain technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base.
- Assist SME's in project related activities both in region and globally where required.
- Correctly diagnose software and hardware faults and liaise with 3rd party engineers where needed. Incidents should be actioned within agreed timescales and monitored to resolution.
- Provide technical assistance and know-how to the test and release process. Working closely with application testers and 3rd party vendors.
- Ensure that systems are remediated with latest patches and meet baseline policies, as well as software deployments are successful and remediate where necessary.
- Assist with infrastructure / server support and patching.
- Identify major support incidents and liaise with support teams, following the Major Incident process. Inform the Manager and IT Management of any escalating support issues in order that they may be resolved within reasonable time scales
- Establish and maintain contact with colleagues in all offices to ensure that a consistent approach is being adopted across the firm, and actively knowledge share and work with service desk staff to empower 1/2nd line
- Continually maintain and expand strong working knowledge of current Firm-supported and future technologies to provide technically accurate solutions to end-users
- Creating scripts, tools, app's to improve desktop support processes
- Ensure that the housekeeping and administration of systems are carried out in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures
- Adhere fully to the Change and Release management processes
- Adhere fully to the Problem management process and to the investigation of the root cause of outages
- Ensure security is maintained in line with the Firm’s security standards
- Contribute to the IT Risk register to identify and manage operational risks and work to eliminate areas of vulnerability
- Occasional assistance with cover for the Global IT Service Desk telephones
- Business hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm however given the nature and scope of the role, flexibility in availability is required
- We provide 21 annual leave days per annum + an annual "Withers' Day"
- Participation in 24/7 on call rota (every 6 weeks)