Permanent - Full Time
Private Client and Tax
About Withers KhattarWong LLP
We offer a full range of legal services to corporations, institutions and successful individuals, including some of the biggest companies and leading families in Singapore. Our lawyers are qualified to practice in a wide range of key jurisdictions including Singapore, Australia, British Virgin Islands, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, UK and US.
Our clients include 80% of major international and regional insurance companies in Singapore, 70% of major banks based here, funds, Fortune 500 companies, publicly listed and private companies as well as a significant proportion of successful individuals and family members in the Forbes Asia’s Richest Families list.
Our team helps successful families and entrepreneurs around the world structure their assets in a way that will preserve their wealth now and for future generations.
We advise on all aspects of wealth structuring, using domestic and international trusts and foundations and private trust companies in local as well as offshore jurisdictions and we co-ordinate the acquisition of appropriate investments.
Our advice to fiduciaries covers the design and implementation of new plans, as well as the modernization and consolidation of older trusts. We also assist them in complying with the complex rules surrounding investments, accounting, taxes and compliance.
We are looking for an organised and flexible paralegal to join the team. The role will involve all aspects of private client work, including but not limited to:
- Effective communication and seamless legal support for fee earners and their clients
- Assist lawyers in the preparation of documents including the drafting, reviewing and amending materials such as wills, memorandums, client care letters and enduring powers of attorney
- Providing ongoing compliance and administrative services
- Creating and maintaining document and correspondence database
- Providing assistance on billing
- Conducting legal research
- Preparing applications for tax incentive/exemptions
- Preparing and/or drafting immigration applications
- General ad hoc and administrative tasks as and when required by the lawyers
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job and, as such, the role may include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Skills and Experience
- Candidates must already have the right to work in Singapore
- A minimum of two years' experience in a paralegal role is desirable, however all levels will be considered
- LLB in foreign jurisdiction
- Experience within a corporate, banking & finance or private client practice is desirable
- Previous billing experience
- Native or business level language skills in either Bahasa or Mandarin, as well as fluency in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Analytical, organised and can demonstrate initiative
- Able to work as part of a dynamic team and also independently
- Excellent research skills and confident across various technology platforms
- Strong academic record
We would be keen to receive applications from candidates who are graduates from Singapore Polytechnic or foreign qualified lawyers currently based in Singapore and looking to transition into a Paralegal role.