IT Service Desk Manager (US)
Fixed Term - Full Time
What are we looking for?
The primary purpose of this role is to supervise the day-to-day functions of the US Service Desk to ensure an excellent IT service to Withers partners and employees worldwide.
The IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for leading and mentoring a team of six IT Support Analysts across our seven US offices. They will work closely with the Global Service Desk (US/EU/APAC), along with technical and training teams to ensure all incidents and requests are analyzed, resolved, and reported to drive continuous improvement and performance of the service desk. The service desk operates a follow-the-sun model supporting multi-cultural customers across all regions.
The role is based in our New Haven office with regular travel to the New York and Greenwich offices, and occasional travel to our California offices.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a law firm or professional services environment, excellent communication skills, the ability to work under pressure while being approachable, and able to inspire confidence. They will have experience in an ITIL-based support environment, supervising service desk staff, and have the ability to analyze and resolve problems methodically and logically.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Day-to-day accountability for the US Service Delivery function to ensure an excellent IT service to Withers partners and staff worldwide.
- Maintain staff schedules to ensure IT support continuity is aligned with the Firm's follow-the-sun support model.
- Monitor, audit, report, and analyze the health of the service desk function using ticket-related performance KPIs. Provide regular and ad-hoc status updates to line management.
- Act as the first point of escalation for performance issues within the team and customer related issues. Inform line management of any escalating issues so they may be resolved within reasonable time scales.
- Deliver end-to-end support in accordance with IT service management procedures.
- Act as the communications lead, following an agreed major incident procedure. Responsible for service related communications.
- Identify improvement opportunities and work with line management to implement programs that enhance Service Desk operations, customer satisfaction, and overall usage of the firm's technology products and services.
- Monitor queues, calls, and interactions of Service Desk staff including the ticketing system, documentation, and escalations to ensure that all interactions and escalations meet established criteria and are documented appropriately.
- Set goals for performance, support, and development of staff through regular coaching meetings, training needs analysis, development plans, and appraisals.
- Proactively learn and train other staff members on new products and service technologies.
- Ensure that IT asset inventories are maintained and records are kept up-to-date.
- Supervise the production and maintenance of technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base.
- Perform technical support functions via phone, remote connection, and deskside visits, as required.
Skills, knowledge, qualifications and competencies
- A minimum of four years of experience supervising a busy, well-structured and mature Service Desk, with at least two years of people management experience.
- Experience in incident, request, major incident, and problem management gained in an ITIL-based organization. It is expected that the candidate will have relevant ITIL qualifications.
- Experience of working with/optimizing an ITSM tool (Alemba vFire or similar).
- Strong KPI focus - reporting and monitoring skills. Ability to identify and analyze process-related metrics.
- Experience with leading small improvement projects/initiatives.
- Solid technical knowledge of Windows 10 Professional, Skype, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and SCCM.
- Detailed knowledge of the Microsoft Office 2010/13/16 Suite including installing, configuring, and support within a network environment.
- Technical knowledge of remote working technologies – Citrix, VPN, and DUO Administration.
- Technical knowledge of video conferencing systems support.
- Technical knowledge of telephone systems support – Avaya or similar.
- Configuration, analysis, and diagnostics of PC, printer, and laptop faults. Familiarity with HP PC hardware, Lenovo laptops, HP Laser printers, and Canon multifunction devices.
- Experience with a document management system – iManage or similar.
- Experience with scanning solutions – Omtool AccuRoute or similar.
- Experience with legal industry applications – iManage, BigHand, Elite, Workshare, InterAction, and Template Management systems.
- Ability to empathize with customers, resolve conflicts, and inspire confidence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong influencing and coaching skills
- Effective prioritization skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Detail oriented
- Work hours are generally 8:30am to 5:00pm. Flexibility is required to accommodate projects and Service Desk operations.
About Withers Bergman LLP
Withers has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognized as the only dedicated international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot. We continually look for opportunities to ensure we are based in the same locations as our clients and their wealth. We have represented 42% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as 20%of the top 100 people listed in the US (Forbes) and a significant number in the Asian (Hurun) Rich List.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.