Mid/ Senior-Level International Wealth Planning Associate
Permanent - Full Time
Private Client and Tax
We act for individual family members and advise family offices in the provision of services to them. We have a deep understanding of personal tax and succession planning, including assisting in creation of wills and establishing trusts and other wealth holding structures, as well as cross-border migration, an increasingly important issue for wealthy international families in today’s global economy. We aim to help individual family members, and the family as a whole, maximize tax savings and take advantage of opportunities to consolidate and grow their wealth.
The focus of this role will be advising high net worth individuals and family businesses on tax, trust and estate, business succession matters.
Key skills and experience
- Strong academic credentials (JD required; LLM is a plus)
- Minimum 5+ years' of relevant law firm experience
- Strong drafting, writing and communication skills
- Experience drafting wills and trusts
- Exposure to sophisticated wealth planning structures for international families
- Some knowledge of income and transfer tax rules affecting non-U.S. residents with U.S. income and/or assets, and U.S. residents with foreign income and/or assets
- Some knowledge of rules applicable to income taxation of complex non-U.S. trusts and their beneficiaries
- Experience with pre-immigration and expatriation planning a plus
- Strong project management ability; ability to balance a large number of competing priorities
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint a plus
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
Withers have been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world, the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot.
With over 150 partners and more than 450 other lawyers, we have unparalleled expertise in commercial, tax, trusts, estate planning, financial services, litigation and arbitration, real estate, charities, employment, family law and other legal issues facing individuals and their families. The firm has advised 42% of the top 100 UK Sunday Times Rich List and over 20% of the top 100 US Forbes list, as well as numerous families in Asia.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.