Temporary Office Support Coordinator
Fixed Term - Full Time
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: This position will physically assist attorneys by processing original documents, preparing binders, notarizing, doing proof of process and finalizing documents in either the San Diego or Rancho Santa Fe offices as required. This role requires flexibility to split time between both the San Diego and Rancho Santa Fe offices as needed.
- Organizes document production, and creates timelines of documents for attorney review.
- Prepare, respond to, coordinate and propound written discovery.
- Review and organize documents produced during discovery or otherwise.
- Prepare case management statements, declarations, and other documentation to be filed by the Court under the supervision of attorneys.
- Research public records using public websites.
- Assist with preparing a variety of documents, forms, charts, letters, etc.
- Prepares binders, makes copies, enters data and maintains files.
- Performs database research and data entry.
- Assists other paralegals and attorneys with mailings and filings.
- Provide support during trial as needed.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC SKILLS DESIRED:
- Strong preference for a minimum of 2+ years' experience as a litigation or estate administration paralegal, or experience in a closely related field.
- Must possess strong technical skills, including typing, and have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with iManage/FileSite (or other document management system), Elite, and Compulaw preferred but not required.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work under strict deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills – the ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills – the ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work independently when/if required.
- Is comfortable following covid safety precautions and guidelines while in the offices.
- Bachelor's Degree required, with a preference for the degree to be in accounting, tax or a related field.
- Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- Must be a Notary