IT Technical Systems Analyst (3 month FTC)
Fixed Term - Full Time
Job title: IT Technical Systems Analyst
Reporting to: IT Applications Manager
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced technical systems analyst who has strong messaging expertise to support the firm's communications platforms during a transformation period. The position will primarily be involved in to the day to day operation of the firms messaging systems. The person must also be able to perform generalist systems administration across the firms systems and work with 3rd party vendors for troubleshooting when required.
The individual will work from home or the London office if required as part of the Global Systems Team. The Global Systems Team is located in London and is responsible for supporting and maintaining the firm's technology across geographical regions. The Global Systems Team is split in by two functional but collaborative groups - Applications and Infrastructure.
The Applications group are responsible for the unified communications, database systems, desktop image and the firms' business applications suite including document management, HR, finance, marketing and know-how systems. The team undertake the day-to-day administration, support, implementation and development of all the Firm’s applications and systems
The priority for all IT activity is to maintain the highest levels of stability and reliability in the services delivered.
This role requires experience of working in a medium to large multi-site professional services organisation and broad experience of legal industry applications. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required with the ability to work with a wide range of people including vendors, project managers, technologists, legal staff, partners, secretaries and other support staff.
A very high level of personal organisation and professionalism is required, together with a 'can-do' attitude and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. This person must inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
Technical experience required
- 3-5 years in a technical support role or messaging SME
- Industry recognised technical qualifications or degree educated
- Unified Communications / Messaging / Collaboration technical background
- Expert knowledge in Exchange, Mimecast, Skype, MDM platforms and mobile computing technologies and devices
- Strong knowledge of Office 365 Services especially Exchange online and Intune
- Strong knowledge and ability to support legal-industry applications such as iManage, BigHand, Interaction, Elite and IntApp Suite.
- Good knowledge of Virtual technologies such as VMware and Citrix XenDesktop/Xen App and storage technologies
- Ability to support backend platforms such as SQL, SharePoint, SCCM, Microsoft Office, Windows-based Servers and appliances
- Proven 3rd line troubleshooting skills and the ability to manage a call queue proactively
- Excellent customer service
- Experience of working in a ITIL-based support environment and with Help Desk systems such as TopDesk
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Identifying, documenting and undertaking maintenance and administration processes on systems infrastructure globally, with particular emphasis messaging systems.
- Be a technical resource for projects run by the Project Management Office. Produce and maintain technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base. Progress projects and tasks on time and to budget
- Monitor the team queue in the Help Desk call-logging system to ensure incidents, service requests and problems are managed in a timely manner
- 3rd line support of all systems, ensuring that the highest levels of stability and reliability are maintained
- Correctly diagnose software and hardware faults and liaise with 3rd party engineers where needed. Incidents should be actioned within agreed timescales and monitored to resolution
- Provide technical assistance and know-how to the test and release process. Working closely with application testers and 3rd party vendors
- Identify, document and undertake maintenance and administration processes on systems globally, with particular emphasis on messaging and unified communications technology including Exchange, Mimecast, Skype, Avaya VOIP, Cisco VC, MDM (Airwatch)
- Maintain technical leadership in assigned technologies, and ensure that responsibilities for key technologies are appropriately allocated and understood by colleagues
- Develop, present and implement proposals to improve systems and infrastructure
- Working with the manager, ensure that support contracts are in place for all systems and appropriate support, backup and capacity procedures are in place and documented
- Assist with infrastructure / server support and patching
- Identify major support incidents and liaise with support teams, following the Major Incident process. Inform the Manager and IT Management of any escalating support issues in order that they may be resolved within reasonable time scales
- Establish and maintain contact with colleagues in all offices to ensure that a consistent approach is being adopted across the firm
- Continually maintain and expand strong working knowledge of current Firm-supported and future technologies to provide technically accurate solutions to end-users
- Actively knowledge share and work with service desk staff to empower 1/2nd line
- Creating scripts / tools / app's to improve desktop support processes
- Ensure that the housekeeping and administration of systems are carried out in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures
- Adhere fully to the Change and Release management processes
- Adhere fully to the Problem management process and to the investigation of the root cause of outages
- Ensure security is maintained in line with the Firm’s security standards
- Contribute to the IT Risk register to identify and manage operational risks and work to eliminate areas of vulnerability
- Occasional assistance with cover for the EU/Asia IT Help Desk and US IT Help Desk telephones
- 9:30 to 17:30 but flexibility is a must
- You must have a dedicated home office area and suitable equipment to work comfortably and efficiently
About Withers Worldwide
Withers have been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world, the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot.
With over 150 partners and more than 450 other lawyers, we have unparalleled expertise in commercial, tax, trusts, estate planning, financial services, litigation and arbitration, real estate, charities, employment, family law and other legal issues facing individuals and their families. The firm has advised 42% of the top 100 UK Sunday Times Rich List and over 20% of the top 100 US Forbes list, as well as numerous families in Asia.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.