IT Deployment Analyst (3 month FTC)
Fixed Term - Full Time
Job title: IT Deployment Analyst (Contractor)
Reports to: IT Service Desk Manager (EU)
Location: London, UK
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced, technical and personable IT Deployment Analyst to assist the support team with the deployment of laptops to the firm.
The ideal candidate will have previous deployment experience and knowledge to quickly and effectively prepare computers for the firm. You will be able to manage your own workload and adapt to changing priorities. You must be organised, methodical with excellent troubleshooting skills and be an excellent communicator at all levels, capable of dealing with people in a calm, effective and efficient manner. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a professional services environment, ideally in a law firm.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Perform computer imaging onsite.
- Perform computer profiling either onsite or remotely.
- Ensuring the devices are correctly setup following set procedures.
- Installation of packaged, AppV or manual applications as documented.
- Inform the Service Desk Manager of any issues with the deployment process in a timely manner.
- Assistance with administration and support as may sometimes be required.
- Administer IT asset inventories, ensuring records are kept fully up to date.
- Maintain technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Technical skills and qualifications
- Minimum 3-4 years' experience in a law firm or similar/professional environment
- Must be knowledgeable on Windows 10 and device builds even though mostly automated (80%).
- Must have done a similar deployment role and be technical to 2nd line support level.
- Attention to detail to ensure quality and consistency.
- Technical knowledge of supporting Windows 10 Professional in a networked environment
- PC and Laptop configuration
- Understanding of networking technologies (wired and wireless)
- Experience of working in a Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange environment
- Knowledge of remote working technologies – Citrix and DUO 2 factor Administration
- Detailed knowledge of the Microsoft Office 2003, 2010/13 suite including installing, configuring and support within a network environment
Personal qualities and approach
- Inspires confidence that issues raised will be resolved
- Excellent communicator at all levels. Empathises with user frustrations; capable of dealing with people in a calm, professional and effective manner
- Excellent analytical troubleshooting skills with the ability to resolve problems methodically and logically
- Strong written communication skills with a high standard of user training documentation and technical procedure writing skills
- Enthusiastic and approachable
- Must possess good problem-solving skills and a calm and focused attitude.
- Must be a pro-active, team player but have the ability to work and focus on tasks independently of others. The individual will be required to manage major service outages and incidents in a calm, methodical and professional manner.
- Day rate contract, immediate start
- Monday to Friday, 35 hour week, working a between the hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- 1 week notice period
Withers has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years.
We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 42% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.