What are we looking for?
The primary purpose of this role is to facilitate resolution of problems identified throughout the incident, service request & change management life-cycles.
The Senior IT Support Analyst is responsible for leading the coordination and resolution of hardware/software problems. Act as a regional escalation point and technical expert across the US regional offices. Performs research, analysis, and facilitates problem resolution after the root-cause is defined. Ensures that all known Problems are cataloged, assigned for resolution, closed and validated with no reoccurrence. Partners closely with Global Service Desk(US/EU/APAC), Applications teams, Infrastructure, and external suppliers to quickly address problems.
The role is based in the New Haven office with regular travel to the New York and Greenwich offices and occasional travel to our west coast offices.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a law firm or similar professional services environment, together with excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure while being approachable and inspiring confidence. They will have experience and/or certification in an ITIL-based support environment with the ability to analyze and resolve problems methodically and logically.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Hosts/facilitates Problem Review meetings to determine root cause and action plan towards preventing problem recurrence
- Partner with Incident Management team to maintain the Known Error Database for all known Problems
- Work across all teams to ensure that appropriate experts from all technology towers are engaged to establish root-cause and own remediation work
- Manages the life cycle of all Problem records from Incident to root cause investigation. Owning the process of seeing this through to permanent problem resolution and closure.
- Drives complex technical problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation and technical knowledge of all areas driving restoration of service with support teams
- Conducts QA around Problem Management validation of known error resolution and final validation, protecting the production environment
- Partners with Service Delivery, Infrastructure and Application Support teams to drive stability on production environment
- Facilitates the discussion between Problem owners and the systems and support teams in order to apply lessons learned through root cause analysis to outline objectives that can be completed in order to design more resilient systems
- Owns the Problem Management processes, prioritizing with business stakeholders and ensuring the most critical Problems are addressed timely and successfully restored
- Service Improvement Planning – Continuously looking to enhance the service offering. Identifies and drives initiatives through to completion.
- Training / up-skilling of colleagues – Identify skills gaps and opportunities to strengthen the capabilities of the global team. Drives training and coaching to mitigate gaps.
- Responsible for all Problem reporting and delivery
- Develop and deploy Service Delivery Reporting Program related to known issues and problems to the Business Units
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
- Senior technical lead for the US region; acting as senior most technical support escalation point in the US.
- Contribute as a subject matter expert to the global technology knowledgebase; share knowledge content with the broader IT organization
- Manage Tax Software upgrades as necessary.
- Assist with Service Desk call support as needed.
Skills, knowledge, qualifications and competencies
- 5 years in a technical discipline role with experience in planning, implementing and evaluating processes, systems and/or initiatives
- Broad technical acumen across multiple disciplines and applications with a solid understanding of current technologies
- Experience in Incident, Request, Major Incident and Problem Management gained in an ITIL-based organization. It is expected that the post-holder will have relevant ITIL qualifications
- Experience of working with / optimizing an ITSM tool (Alemba vFire, TopDesk or similar)
- Strong KPI focus - Reporting and monitoring skills. Ability to identify and analyze process-related metrics
- Experience of leading small improvement projects/initiatives
- Strong technical knowledge of Windows 10 Professional, Skype, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and SCCM
- Detailed knowledge of the Microsoft Office 2010/13/16 Suite including installing, configuring and support within a network environment
- Strong technical knowledge of remote working technologies – Citrix, VPN and DUO Administration
- Strong technical knowledge of supporting video conferencing systems
- Strong technical knowledge of supporting telephone systems – Avaya or similar
- Configuration, analysis and diagnostics of PC, Printer and Laptop faults. Familiarity with HP PC hardware, Lenovo Laptops, HP Laser printers and Canon multifunction devices
- Detailed experience with a Document Management System – iManage or similar
- Detailed experience with scanning solutions, Omtool AccuRoute or similar
- Strong experience with legal industry applications – iManage, BigHand, Elite, Workshare, InterAction, Template Management systems
- Experience with Vendor Management
- Experience with developing advanced reporting capabilities for ITSM process KPIs, and operational/performance metrics
- Empathizes with customers, experienced in conflict resolution and inspires confidence that issues will be resolved
- Ability to command the process across all levels to ensure customer focus; including being assertive and self-starting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good influencing and coaching skills
- Effective prioritization skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Pays attention to detail
- Proficient managing, querying, and reporting in the Firms ITSM solution
- Ability to work in a large and 'matrixed' environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills - collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation
- Ability to work with, and influence, all levels of management
- Ability to effectively communicate technical actions to a non-technical audience
- Project management planning and organizational skills
- Customer service oriented
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Energetic and have an excellent work ethic
- Desire and ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts
- 8:30am to 5.00pm, including one hour lunch break. Flexibility is a must to accommodate projects and support operations
About Withers Bergman
Withers has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognized as the only dedicated international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean we provide coverage that other law firms focused on the individual cannot. We continually look for opportunities to ensure we are based in the same locations as our clients and their wealth. We have represented 42% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as 20%of the top 100 people listed in the US (Forbes) and a significant number in the Asian (Hurun) Rich List.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.