Litigation & Arbitration Associate (3-4 PQE)
Permanent - Full Time
Dispute Resolution - Litigation
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, businesses and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on their business, personal and philanthropic needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the leading international law firm for successful people. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean we provide coverage across the world that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot. We have represented 70% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as a significant number of people listed in the US (Forbes) and Asian (Hurun) Rich Lists.
The firm consists of three global legal Divisions: Business; Dispute Resolution and Private Client & Tax. Each Division is headed by a Divisional CEO and Divisional Operating Officer, working with the CEO of the global firm
We represent a wide variety of businesses, financial institutions and government agencies. As well as acting in contractual disputes, we are known for working in: public international law, international arbitration (investment treaty and commercial), financial services, art and cultural property, equity and fraud, reputation management, insolvency, international trusts and enforcement. We have a particular knowledge and understanding of European litigation procedures, and for example are able to use our experience to ‘translate' between civil law and common law jurisdictions.
An exceptional opportunity exists to join the firm's leading litigation and arbitration practice group. We are seeking a charismatic and ambitious mid level associate with proven technical capability and an ability to develop clients. The role will focus on all aspects of Litigation and Arbitration work including managing a variety of caseloads:
- Assisting with general commercial litigation and arbitration matters
- Drafting, reviewing and amending materials and documents such as witness statements, pleadings and briefings
- Interest in working on international cases
- Assisting with the preparation of fee estimates and pitches
- Meeting and building relationships with clients
- Experience of managing large cases, and a variety of caseloads across multiple areas
- Proven business development skills
Key skills and experience
- Candidates should be admitted to practice law in England & Wales
- The successful candidate will have excellent written communication and drafting skills, as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative.
- As a successful Litigation Associate, you will be analytical and extremely organised.
- Candidates should be well versed in commercial litigation and ideally have experience in the areas of insolvency, fraud, and commercial arbitration.
- Fluency in another language would be ideal.
- Working hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 6 month probation period
- 12 week notice period
- Flexible benefit package including pension, private medical insurance, dental plan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, the ability to buy and sell holidays, flu jabs, doctors consultation service, cycle to work scheme, on site café plus more
For further information, please contact the recruitment team.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.