Programme Manager – Transformation and Change
Permanent - Full Time
Project Management Office
Job title: Programme Manager – Transformation and Change
Reports to: Global Head of Portfolio Management
What are we looking for?
As part of an investment to meet strategic objectives, and continue to meet quality and outcome expectations when delivering change and transformation, Withers are looking for an experienced Programme Manager to join a team of project management professionals in the central Project Management Office.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate successful delivery of a varied portfolio of transformation and change programmes and projects across business functions, proving confidence with IT and Business Focussed change projects through their approach and ultimately, the outcomes. The programme manager will have significant experience of delivering IT and business change programmes which will enable them to drive a programme of digital transformation and transition - supporting the Steering Group and Partnership Board in providing structure and planning to help focus on the objectives of the global firm overall. A number of projects will be in scope of the programme – including increased roll out of digitization, process improvements, organisational change, real estate and technology solutions across the firm. These will form part of the critical change enablers which in turn support the ongoing success of our digital transformation programme.
Based in London, and working with stakeholders across the global firm, the programme manager will oversee all aspects of an emerging program, from its initiation and definition through to implementing program activities, structuring delivery tranches and realising the value and return on investment . The programme manager will ensure the work is completed to a consistently high standard, within budget, that objectives are met on time, and ultimately meeting the company's image and objectives. The programme manager will make sure the program meets professional standards and industry regulations.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Ensure the programme is managed with a defined scope to time, cost and quality constraints;
- Structure and document the programme stages through identification, definition, manage, deliver, realise and close.
- Provide day to day programme leadership to motivate project teams to deliver against agreed project objectives and schedules;
- Manage programme stakeholders and sponsors across both fee earners and business services teams to ensure alignment of objectives, expectations, priorities and activities;
- Elicit strategic business needs and translate them into clearly documented, agreed requirements, respecting delivery constraints;
- Contribute to the analysis, documentation and proposition of solution options, working with stakeholders across various teams to identify and gain sponsorship for the solution which best achieves objectives;
- Develop, review and gain agreement of programme plans, request resources and deliver achievable tranches to accomplish programme objectives within the context of the overall portfolio of initiatives;
- Develop and execute change management and communication plans in a global, multi-disciplinary environment;
- Proactively identify and mitigate programme and project risks, issues and dependencies to ensure programme objectives and deliverables are achieved;
- Work with PMO and Portfolio governance boards to ensure appropriate resources and skill sets are available in order to meet all programme targets;
- Undertake financial programme management, in liaison with the PMO, finance and delivery teams;
- Provide accurate programme status reports demonstrating progress against milestones, programme expenditure against budget, and highlighting pertinent risks and issues to relevant stakeholders;
- Prepare and effectively communicate required programme documentation including; Steering Group sessions, Programme Board information, project proposals, initiation documents, exception reports and options papers;
- Utilise the Withers Delivery Management Framework and project management tools to plan, manage and communicate throughout each stage of the programme;
- Participate in the improvement of the Withers Delivery Management Framework including programme and project management processes; and ensure all programme mandated projects comply with all internal Withers policies and procedures.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Key attributes and skills
- Demonstrable success in programme delivery through a full life-cycle using industry-standard methodologies;
- Ability to successfully manage multi-disciplinary teams across global locations;
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness in dealing with global customers and suppliers;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to engage with stakeholders at all levels;
- A strong customer-centric approach;
- A strong team player, willing to work closely with colleagues from multiple teams in a mutually collaborative manner;
- Flexibility and pragmatism in dealing with change, whilst maintaining focus on objectives;
- A strong desire to solve problems and contribute to a positive and supportive learning environment;
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft office software, including Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Qualifications and experience
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Practitioner/Advanced
- Prince2 or other recognised project management qualifications;
- 3+ years' experience as a Programme Manager within a Law Firm or other professional services organisation.
- 5+ years' experience as a Project Manager – delivering technology and business change projects.
- 9:30am to 5:30pm but flexibility is a must;
- 12 week probation period
- 12 weeks’ notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only dedicated international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States, Australia and the Caribbean we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot. We continually look for opportunities to ensure we are based in the same locations as our clients and their wealth. We have represented 42% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as a significant number of the top 100 people listed in the US (Forbes) and a significant number in the Asian (Hurun) Rich List.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.