Project Manager (Los Angeles, San Diego, Rancho Santa Fe)
Permanent - Full Time
Project Management Office
What are we looking for?
As part of an investment to improve quality and outcomes when delivering change, Withers Bergman LLP is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join a team of project management professionals in the central Project Management Office.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate successful delivery of a varied portfolio of projects across business functions, including both IT and business change. This role will initially be focussing on a series of Californian Office events – including full stage management from scope, design, delivery and completion. The project manager will have significant experience of delivering IT and business change projects which will enable them to support the wider Working Practices Group in providing structure and planning to help focus on the objectives of the working group and the global firm overall. Further projects will also be in scope – including increased roll out of digitization, process improvements and technology solutions across the firm. These will form part of the critical change enablers which in turn support the ongoing success of our digital transformation program.
Based in California, and working with stakeholders across the global firm, the Project Manager is responsible for managing a full range of activities including but not limited to; developing project proposals in line with strategic goals, performing impact assessments; determining benefits and developing the business case; requirements gathering, planning and scheduling; risk and issue management; financial control; stakeholder engagement; reporting; change management and communication.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Ensure projects are managed with a defined scope to time, cost and quality constraints;
- Provide day to day project leadership to motivate project teams to deliver against agreed project objectives and schedules;
- Manage project stakeholders and sponsors across both fee earners and business services teams to ensure alignment of objectives, priorities and activities;
- Elicit business needs and translate them into clearly documented, agreed requirements, respecting delivery constraints;
- Contribute to the analysis, documentation and proposition of solution options, working with stakeholders across various teams to identify and gain sponsorship for the solution which best achieves objectives;
- Develop, review and gain agreement of project plans, request resources and deliver achievable work packages to accomplish project objectives within the context of the overall portfolio of initiatives;
- Develop and execute change management and communication plans in a global, multi-disciplinary environment;
- Proactively identify and mitigate project risks, issues and dependencies to ensure project objectives and deliverables are achieved;
- Ensure appropriate resources and skill sets are available in order to meet all project targets;
- Undertake financial project management, in liaison with the PMO, finance and delivery teams;
- Provide accurate project status reports demonstrating progress against milestones, project expenditure against budget, and highlighting pertinent risks and issues to relevant stakeholders;
- Prepare and effectively communicate required project documentation including; Project Board information, project proposals, initiation documents, exception reports and options papers;
- communicate throughout each stage of the project;
- Participate in the improvement of the Withers Project Management Framework and project management processes and ensure projects comply with all internal policies and procedures.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Key attributes and skills
- Demonstrable success in project delivery through a full life-cycle using industry-standard methodologies;
- Ability to successfully manage multi-disciplinary teams across global locations;
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness in dealing with global customers and suppliers;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to engage with stakeholders at all levels;
- A strong customer-centric approach;
- A strong team player, willing to work closely with colleagues from multiple teams in a mutually collaborative manner;
- Flexibility and pragmatism in dealing with change, while maintaining focus on objectives;
- A strong desire to solve problems and contribute to a positive and supportive learning environment;
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft office software, including Project, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Flexibility is a must.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- A minimum of three years of prior experience as a Project Manager within a law firm or other professional services organization;
- Prince2, APM or other recognized project management qualifications.
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognized as the only dedicated international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States, Australia, and the Caribbean we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot. We continually look for opportunities to ensure we are based in the same locations as our clients and their wealth. We have represented 42% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as a significant number of the top 100 people listed in the US (Forbes) and a significant number in the Asian (Hurun) Rich List.
Equal Opportunities Employment
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training, and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, or disability.