Permanent - Full Time
Job title: Intranet Executive
Reporting to: Internal Communications Manager
What are we looking for:
We're seeking someone with proven experience in managing intranets who can take on the responsibility of ensuring our intranet ('Within') remains accurate, engaging and useful to our people and continues to evolve over time to make use of new features.
Since launching in September 2019, Within has become the trusted source of information for all aspects of our business, including legal template documents and knowhow, policies and procedures, people, team and office information and news and engagement activities. This role will be integral to maintaining and building on this success, and looking at how we can continue to develop Within's features and services to meet people's needs. We designed and built the intranet with leading supplier Interact and it is important that there is close communication with them as they roll out updates to the system and make new features available. It will also involve working closely with our IT team on the technical aspects of the system.
The Intranet Executive is a newly created role as part of the firm's growing investment in, and emphasis on, internal communications through our growing intranet. We are very much looking for someone who will take ownership of the role and make it their own. The role will sit within the firm's Marketing, Business Development and Communications team, and as such may be involved in contributing to some of our internal communications projects from time to time.
The role will involve working with the following people:
- Internal Communications Manager (responsible for intranet news and social features)
- International Marketing, Business Development and Communications Team
- A global network of 50+ intranet content editors
- IT, HR, Finance and other Business Services teams
- Senior stakeholders from around the firm including fee-earners and the senior management team
- Intranet provider (Interact)
Areas of focus and responsibilities:
- Managing the intranet editor network (about 50 people) and training new editors
- Reviewing and updating content and ensuring editors are checking their content
- Carry out 'power user' tasks such as managing users, permissions, menus, page templates and homepages
- Monitoring analytics for duplicate pages, out-of-date and expired content and producing reports for editors
- Reviewing and maintaining search configuration e.g. failure to find
- Responding to queries e.g. people directory and general content/functionality queries
- Maintaining the firm calendar and adding important business dates
- Setting up group spaces and forums working with the Internal Communications Manager
- Managing the mobile app, including testing new updates
- Liaising with IT and Interact on issues and upgrades
- Staying up-to-date with latest platform updates and attending webinars
- Ownership of the intranet roadmap including exploring and implementing new features, such as language translation, reward and recognition, broadcasts e.g. for IT alerts, customised homepages or personalisation options
Skills and attributes:
- Proven experience of working with a large corporate intranet, ideally within an international organisation
- Good knowledge of intranet best practice
- A clear writing style, and the ability to adapt and edit other people's copy
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable dealing with people at all levels of the business
- Flexibility to balance multiple competing demands
- Managing the details of day-to-day tasks whilst maintaining sight of larger strategic goals
- Aptitude with Excel and project management software
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but requiring some flexibility
- 12 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, discounted gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme plus more
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide a wider range of coverage and services than any other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual. We have represented 70% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List, and 35% of Forbes Asia’s Richest Families list.
About Marketing, Business Development and Communications at Withersworldwide:
- The team comprises around 40 people internationally, with around 25 in London, a team of specialists in their areas (BD, Digital, Events, Brand, PR and Internal Communications) but who are happy to roll their sleeves up to help each other out with all sorts of projects whenever needed.
- Training and know how sharing across law firm management professionals internally is a priority. A focus is on developing a culture of excellence within our team; many members of the team are studying to improve their knowledge of their areas, with CIM and other marketing / business qualifications encouraged.