Assistant Tax Advisor (6 month FTC)
Fixed Term - Full Time or Part Time
Job title: Assistant Tax Advisor (6 month FTC with possibility for extension)
Reports to: Head of Partnership Tax
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an Assistant Tax Advisor to assist in the Firm’s tax compliance for UK and non-UK Group entities, partners and staff; to support the Head of Partnership Tax in relation to various projects; and to deal with ad-hoc enquires and requests relating to partnership tax matters.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Preparation of the LLP’s partnership tax computations
- Preparation of the LLP’s partnership tax returns based on the partnership tax computations
- Potentially prepare partners’ Self-Assessment tax returns annually
- Reconciling partners' tax reserves including calculating tax equalisation adjustments
- Assisting in various ad hoc projects for the Group as they arise.
The list of duties and responsibilities is intended to be indicative and to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this role.
Qualifications required and experience in sector
The successful candidate requires an academic background, educated to graduate level and CIOT qualification preferred although not essential provided they have equivalent professional experience. Ideally you will have worked in a similar role within a professional services partnership, with the ability to use your initiative and be proactive.
- CIOT preferred
- International partnership tax experience preferred
- Experience of preparing UK Self-Assessment tax returns preferred
- Knowledge of tax reserving in professional partnerships preferred
- Accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of CCH Personal Tax preferred
- Experience of working in an in-house role within a professional services partnership preferred.
Skills and attributes
- Highly PC literate particularly with good Excel and database management experience
- Excellent attention to detail together with a methodical and organised approach
- Energy and enthusiasm to move projects forward
- A hands on approach to problem solving
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must.
- Flexible benefits package.