IT Support Analyst
Permanent - Full Time
Job title: IT Support Analyst
Reports to: Regional IT Service Desk Manager
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced, technical and personable IT Support Analyst to support to all users within the APAC offices.
The ideal candidate will be able to empathise, adapt and have excellent analytical troubleshooting skills with the ability to resolve problems methodically and logically. You will inspire confidence and be an excellent communicator at all levels, capable of dealing with people in a calm, effective and efficient manner. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a professional services environment, ideally in a law firm.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Perform technical support functions via phone, remote connection and desk side visits
- Log calls in the Service Desk management tool to ensure incidents and requests are managed in a timely manner and escalated using the correct procedures. Close calls when a satisfactory resolution has been achieved
- Correctly diagnose software and hardware faults and liaise with 3rd party engineers. Incidents should be carried out within reasonable time scales and monitored to resolution
- Identify major support incidents and liaise with support teams, following the Major Incident process
- Build and support laptops, desktops, printers and remote devices such as iPhones
- Inform the Regional IT Service Desk Manager of any escalating support issues in order that they may be resolved within reasonable time scales
- Assist with user account management and administration i.e. new hires/leavers etc
- Administer IT asset inventories, ensuring records are kept fully up to date
- Produce and maintain technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base
- Participate in IT projects, implementation and roll outs as required
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Technical skills and qualifications
- Minimum 3-4 years' experience in a law firm or similar/professional environment
- Graduate or equivalent in a numerate subject
- Technical knowledge of supporting Windows 10 Professional in a networked environment
- Experience of working in a Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange environment
- Detailed knowledge of the Microsoft Office 2003, 2010/13 suite including installing, configuring and support within a network environment
- Understanding of networking technologies (wired and wireless)
- Knowledge of remote working technologies – Citrix, VPN and DUO 2 factor Administration
- Mobile phone (iPhone) support and administration using MDM
- Experience supporting VDI
- PC and Laptop configuration
- Configuration, analysis and diagnostics of PC, Printer and Laptop faults. Familiarity with HP PC hardware, Lenovo / HP Laptops, HP Laser printers and Canon multifunction devices
- Experienced supporting Video Conferencing Systems and Solutions
- Document Management System – iManage or similar
- Professional Services specific applications – Laser forms, Elite and InterAction
- Time Management/Recording - Elite or similar - desired but not essential
- Being ITIL V3/V4 certified is desirable
Personal qualities and approach
- Service oriented and collaborative approach. Able to work with a wide variety of users both technical and non-technical.
- Inspires confidence that issues raised will be resolved and stakeholder's expectations are effectively managed.
- Excellent communicator at all levels. Empathises with user frustrations; capable of dealing with people in a calm, professional and effective manner
- Excellent analytical troubleshooting skills with the ability to resolve problems methodically and logically
- Strong written communication skills with a high standard of user training documentation and technical procedure writing skills
- Enthusiastic and approachable
- Must possess good problem-solving skills and a calm and focused attitude.
- Must be a pro-active, team player but have the ability to work and focus on tasks independently of others. The individual will be required to manage major service outages and incidents in a calm, methodical and professional manner.
- Excellent Japanese and English languages skills (spoken and written) are essential.
- Monday to Friday, 40 hour week, between the hours of 08:30am to 5:30pm. Flexibility is a must as shift coverage and out of hours support during projects and rollouts is a requirement of the role.
- 12 week probation period, 1 month notice period
Withers has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years.
We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 42% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.