Legal Secretary (Real Estate)
Permanent - Full Time
Business - Real Estate
Withers KhattarWong LLP
Job title: Legal Secretary – Banking and Real Estate Division
About Withers KhattarWong LLP
Withers KhattarWong LLP is amongst the largest international law firm in Singapore. We are a fully integrated global law firm with lawyers located across five continents in 17 offices.
Our broad global platform allows us to guide clients through the legal challenges inherent in the ever-changing international landscape. As our client, you will receive quality advice on diverse legal and tax issues through the services of one law firm with a single communication.
Internationally, we have made a reputation for ourselves as the leading law firm for private capital; our clients include public and private companies founded by successful families, MNCs, financial institutions, international brands, family offices and HNWIs, charities and not-for-profit organisations, amongst others. We pride ourselves for our role in helping our clients achieve success.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit an experienced legal secretary to join the Withers KhattarWong secretarial team. Our secretaries typically support a partner and several other lawyers. The role will at times be demanding and fast paced so you will need to be an efficient worker who is organized, meticulous, self-motivated, resourceful and can prioritise, multi-task and work effectively under pressure. You will also need to be an excellent communicator, a team player and have integrity to handle highly confidential information appropriately.
While we consider our secretaries to be part of one large team, we are currently looking for someone to support fee earners in our Banking and Real Estate division. Fluency in English, both spoken and written, is essential.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Providing effective communication support to the fee earners and their clients
- Providing seamless secretarial support (including day to day diary management, making travel arrangements, processing expenses and filing - both electronic and hard copy)
- Bulk printing, scanning and photocopying, editing, formatting, word and powerpoint processing and assisting in other administrative matters.
- Contributing to the practice group organisation by opening client and matter files (including non-conveyancing transactional matters), assisting with conflict check submissions, facilitating the KYC procedure and updating client management database
- Assisting in the monthly billing process by producing bills using our finance and time recording systems and resolving account queries
- Assisting with coordinating searches with the search team
- Assist with preparing ACRA charge statements and filing of ACRA charges
- Providing leasing document and property developments support
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Technical skills and qualifications
- GCE O-level standard and ideally hold a secretarial diploma
- High technical competency with the ability to use your initiative to adapt, be comfortable with driving change and to think laterally
- You will of course be organised and enjoy paying attention to detail
- Logical thinker with good problem solving skills
- Passionate and enthusiastic about providing exceptional client service
- Excellent communication skills and high levels of interpersonal skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Enjoy being a team player, with a flexible and can-do attitude and approach
- Self-motivated and goal focused, you will enjoy change and variety, and thrive under pressure
- Experience in the legal sector is desirable with familiarity of the range of work and type of documents that are typical.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.