IT Technical Systems Analyst – 3 month contract
Fixed Term - Full Time
Job title: IT Technical Systems Analyst – Contract
Reporting to: IT Applications Team Manager
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced technical systems analyst who has a proactive approach to call escalations and good health of IT systems. The position is primarily an operations role supporting the firm during a period of IT transformation. Day to day responsibility consist of owning and resolving escalated tickets, monitoring of systems, patching and remediation tasks on the firm's global systems. You will need to be self-sufficient within your daily duties and be comfortable working with senior members of the IT system team and 3rd party vendors.
The individual will work from home and in the London office when appropriate as part of the Global Systems Team. The Global Systems Team is located in London and is responsible for supporting and maintaining the firm's technology across all geographical regions. The Global Systems Team is split in by two functional but collaborative groups, Applications and Infrastructure.
The Applications group is responsible for the unified communications, messaging platforms, database systems, desktop image and the firms' business applications suite including document management, HR, finance, marketing and know-how systems. The team undertake the day-to-day administration, support, implementation and development of all the Firm’s applications and systems
The priority for all IT activity is to maintain the highest levels of stability and reliability in the services delivered.
This role requires experience of working in a medium to large multi-site professional services organisation and broad experience of legal industry applications. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required with the ability to work with a wide range of people including vendors, project managers, technologists, legal staff, partners, secretaries and support staff.
A very high level of personal organisation and professionalism is required, together with a 'can-do' attitude and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. This person must inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
Technical experience required
- 3-5 years in a technical support role.
- Industry recognised technical qualifications or degree educated.
- Proven 3rd line troubleshooting skills and the ability to manage a call queue proactively.
- Knowledge of all Office 365 services is a must, experience with troubleshooting post mailbox migration issues and Teams policy assignment is highly desirable.
- A good understanding and implementation of Group Policy.
- Knowledge of Outlook signature products.
- A good understanding of scripting (PowerShell) and manipulating data in SQL.
- Strong knowledge and ability to support legal-industry applications such as iManage, BigHand, Interaction, Elite, IntApp Suite and Mimecast.
- Good practical understanding of IT security and compliance best practices.
- Good knowledge of virtual technologies such as VMware and Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp.
- Knowledge of MDM solutions.
- Excellent customer service.
- Experience of working in an ITIL-based support environment.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Under take daily checks on systems and resolve warning and errors highlighted via monitoring systems.
- Identify, document and undertake maintenance and administration processes on systems infrastructure globally.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base.
- Assist SME's when appropriate in project related activities.
- Monitor the team queue in the Service Desk call-logging system to ensure incidents, service requests and problems are managed in a timely manner
- 3rd line support of all systems, ensuring that the highest levels of stability and reliability are maintained
- Correctly diagnose software and hardware faults and liaise with 3rd party engineers where needed. Incidents should be actioned within agreed timescales and monitored to resolution
- Provide technical assistance and know-how to the test and release process. Working closely with application testers and 3rd party vendors
- Ensure that systems are remediated with latest patches and meet bassline policies.
- Ensure software deployments are successful and remediate where necessary
- Assist with infrastructure / server support and patching
- Identify major support incidents and liaise with support teams, following the Major Incident process. Inform the Manager and IT Management of any escalating support issues in order that they may be resolved within reasonable time scales
- Establish and maintain contact with colleagues in all offices to ensure that a consistent approach is being adopted across the firm
- Continually maintain and expand strong working knowledge of current Firm-supported and future technologies to provide technically accurate solutions to end-users
- Actively knowledge share and work with service desk staff to empower 1/2nd line
- Creating scripts / tools / app's to improve desktop support processes
- Ensure that the housekeeping and administration of systems are carried out in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures
- Adhere fully to the Change and Release management processes
- Adhere fully to the Problem management process and to the investigation of the root cause of outages
- Ensure security is maintained in line with the Firm’s security standards
- Contribute to the IT Risk register to identify and manage operational risks and work to eliminate areas of vulnerability
- Occasional assistance with cover for the EU/Asia IT Help Desk and US IT Help Desk telephones
- 9:30 to 17:30 but flexibility is a must
- You must have a dedicated home office area and suitable equipment to work comfortably and efficiently when working from home.
About Withers Worldwide
Withers have been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world, the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot.
With over 150 partners and more than 450 other lawyers, we have unparalleled expertise in commercial, tax, trusts, estate planning, financial services, litigation and arbitration, real estate, charities, employment, family law and other legal issues facing individuals and their families. The firm has advised 42% of the top 100 UK Sunday Times Rich List and over 20% of the top 100 US Forbes list, as well as numerous families in Asia.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.