Trust Group Document Assistant
Permanent - Full Time
Private Client and Tax
Job title: Trust Group Document Assistant
Division / Team: Private Client and Tax / Private Client
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, businesses and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on their business, personal and philanthropic needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the leading international law firm for successful people. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean we provide coverage across the world that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot. We have represented 70% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as a significant number of people listed in the US (Forbes) and Asian (Hurun) Rich Lists.
The firm consists of three global legal Divisions: Business; Dispute Resolution and Private Client & Tax. Each Division is headed by a Divisional CEO and Divisional Operating Officer, working with the CEO of the global firm.
Private Client and Tax Division:
Today, we are the only global law firm dedicated to the personal and private capital needs of high net worth individuals and families.
Many of our clients are international families with interests in a number of locations. In a fast-moving and increasingly compliance focused world, the need for integrated advice that reaches across borders has never been greater. With offices across Europe, the United States and Asia-Pacific we provide coverage that other law firms in this area cannot match. Our team of experienced private client solicitors continually look for opportunities to ensure we have a strong presence in the locations where our clients live, work and invest.
Our advice to fiduciaries covers the design and implementation of new plans, as well as the modernization and consolidation of older trusts. We also assist them in complying with the complex rules surrounding investments, accounting, taxes and compliance.
This practice generates approximately 55% of the partnership's revenues and is the largest in the world with over 300 people. We advise on domestic and international tax, estate planning, succession and mental capacity laws in Europe, the US and Asia, as well as facilitating our client's philanthropic endeavours. We have immigration teams in the major financial centres and are well placed to deal with tax investigation and litigation
Overview of the Role:
We are looking for an efficient and methodical individual to provide data-inputting and documentation support to the firm. This role will entail looking after trust documents, inputting financial information into our accounting system (CCH), as well as ad hoc activities to help support the team. This role would suit an enthusiastic and pro-active person, who is keen to learn and develop their experience in a top international law firm. You will ideally have experience working with a variety of documentation systems and you will have a positive, can-do attitude.
Areas of focus and responsibilities:
- Flowmatrix; this is the firm's system for scanning documents for e-filing;
- Filing, checking and managing a large flow of trust documents such as our quarterly trust billings, signed accounts, valuations, scanning tax packs and contracts;
- Keeping a variety of paperwork records up to date;
- You will also be expected to interact with our accountancy system, CCH;
- Collating and inputting financial data into CCH;
- Posting relevant information and checking valuations, statements, contract notes etc;
- Overseeing the archiving of documents and filing;
- Arranging the payment of bills; and
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks, as required.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job and, as such, the role may include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
- Experience working with CCH is essential;
- Experience in a secretarial or financial environment is advantageous but not essential;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to manage self and prioritise workload effectively, with the ability to multi-task;
- Organised and accurate with excellent attention to detail and a sense of urgency;
- Computer literate with experience of using a variety of systems;
- Flexible attitude, enthusiastic and self-motivated;
- Commitment to support others;
- Ability to use own initiative;
- Excellent timekeeping; and
- Good work ethic
- Working hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm but flexibility is a must;
- 12 week probation period;
- 4 week notice period; and
- Flexible benefit package including pension, private medical insurance, dental plan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, the ability to buy and sell holidays, flu jabs, doctors consultation service, cycle to work scheme, on site café plus more