PA and Facilities Administrator
Permanent - Full Time
Job title: Personal Assistant and Facilities Administrator
Reports to: The Global Head of Facilities & Logistics and the Facilities & Client Services Manager
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a confident, client focussed and forward thinking Personal Assistant and Facilities Administrator who is highly organised, to provide support to the Global Head of Facilities and Logistics and the Facilities and Client Services Manager.
This is an exciting role for a good communicator with a high level of interpersonal skills, required to liaise with people across all offices. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, be very organised and accurate with excellent attention to detail and the ability to use their initiative and exercise judgement in challenging situations where required. The role requires a proactive individual who enjoys a busy and varied role.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Extensive and often complex diary management; coordinating meetings to best utilise time and managing diary conflicts.
- Complex travel arrangements for the Global Head of Facilities and sometimes other members of the management team
- Processing invoices for the London, Cambridge and Edinburgh offices, liaising with finance department as appropriate and logging invoices on a central facilities spreadsheet. For large scale projects, coordinating and keeping a track of invoices relating to the work.
- General PA duties to include, PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, working on Word documents (mainly editing and proof reading), answering calls, processing expenses and creating surveys.
- Working with the firm's travel agents, Reed & Mackay, and assisting with travel queries and providing support on the firm's booking portal.
- Taking the lead on the travel arrangements for the Partnership Conference – liaising with the 3 regional travel agencies on all flight and hotel requirements. Maintaining a list of the partner's movements to be used to ensure the seamless operation of the conference.
- Coordinating the insurance renewal process to include collating the information from other departments within the firm to complete the insurance renewal questionnaires, checking insurance policies when renewal takes place, dealing with administration of insurance throughout the year.
- Organising the administration of the firm's company cars – taxing and insuring vehicles, organising parking permits and penalty charges in relation to company cars and any incidents in relation to them.
- Taking care of the Royal Albert Hall ballot – generating a survey monkey questionnaire on a monthly basis for concert tickets available at the Royal Albert hall.
- Ensure that the first aider and fire warden lists are kept up to date on the intranet and refresher courses are arranged for first aiders when certificates expire.
- Updating and maintaining Facilities areas on the intranet.
- Ensuring documents and emails are e-filed appropriately and in line with the firm's e-filing policy.
- Maintaining the Facilities filesite folders.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Qualifications required and experience in sector
- Strong academic background, educated to graduate level or has equivalent professional experience
- Fast and accurate typing speed (65 words per minute)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and evidence of business writing and numeracy skills
- Ideally you will have worked in a similar legal environment for a few years, with the ability to use your initiative to pick up unfamiliar work quickly and be proactive
Skills and attributes
- Passionate and enthusiastic about providing an exceptional service
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- The integrity to handle highly confidential information appropriately
- Have the ability to use own initiative to adapt, and think laterally
- Self-motivated and goal focussed, you will enjoy change and variety, and thrive under pressure
- Technically advanced in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 week probation period
- 12 week notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café and more
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 51% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.