Paralegal (Real Estate)
Fixed Term - Full Time
Business - Real Estate
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, businesses and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on their business, personal and philanthropic needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the leading international law firm for successful people. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean we provide coverage across the world that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot. We have represented 70% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as a significant number of people listed in the US (Forbes) and Asian (Hurun) Rich Lists.
The firm consists of three global legal Divisions: Business; Dispute Resolution and Private Client & Tax. Each Division is headed by a Divisional CEO and Divisional Operating Officer, working with the CEO of the global firm.
Most large firms have a corporate department that provides broad legal advice on commercial issues. What makes our team different is that we provide a unique combination of corporate experience integrated with tax advice across the US, Europe and Asia.
Each member of our team has an understanding of the personal and corporate issues that impact our clients both in their business and private lives. It is this unusual blend of knowledge that allows us to offer an individual service to the leaders of public and privately held organizations.
We frequently act as general counsel, advising on all legal aspects of their day-to-day operations and deal flow. Clients include financial institutions, entrepreneurs, public and privately owned businesses operating across numerous business sectors such as brands, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, services, hotels and leisure, information technology, media and telecoms.
Areas of focus and responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list)
- Acquisitions, disposals and lettings for developers, companies, retail occupiers and private individuals
- Complex residential, industrial, retail and mixed-use development projects
- Promotion and option agreements relating to development land
- Bank lending and re-financings
- Portfolio acquisitions
- Landlord and tenant occupier work
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
The successful candidate will be involved in all legal aspects affecting the businesses of many leading organisations including:
Key skills and experience
- Experience working as a Real Estate Paralegal is desirable
- Familiarity with technology e.g. excel
- Excellent research skills
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Strong academics
- Good written and communication skills
- 9.30 – 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- This role is a 12 month fixed term contract
- Flexible benefit package including pension, private medical insurance, denplan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, the ability to buy and sell holidays, flu jabs, doctors consultation service, cycle to work scheme, on site café plus more
For further information, please contact the recruitment team.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
We endeavour to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, we operate a preferred supplier list ('PSL') and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities for all employees/prospective employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.