Permanent - Full Time or Part Time
Private Client and Tax
Job title: Tax Manager
Practice Group: Private Client & Tax
About Withers KhattarWong
Withers KhattarWong is one of the largest international law firms in Singapore and was created as a formal law alliance between the well-known Singapore law firm KhattarWong LLP and international law firm Withers Worldwide LLP in April 2015.
Withers KhattarWong provides full service legal advice in Singapore, including expertise in finance, property, corporate, Intellectual Property, litigation and arbitration, tax and wealth planning matters. The alliance also offers clients access to a network of skilled advisors across Asia, Europe and the USA. Withers KhattarWong currently has 30 partners in Singapore and more than 80 fee-earners and Withers has 500 lawyers across 17 international offices. In addition in APAC, Withers has offices in Hong Kong, Sydney and Tokyo, and an associate office in Melbourne.
The Private Client and Tax team at Withers KhattarWong is one of the leading practices in Singapore. An opportunity now exists to join the firm's Tax practice. We are looking for a Tax Manager who is knowledgeable in Singaporean Tax legislation and practices with the ability to develop clients. The prospective candidate will work directly with the Partners in the team and the wider team members, and mentorship will be provided. The role will focus on all aspects of Singapore Tax Advisory work, including:
- Tax Compliance requirements
- Corporate and individual income tax filings and computations
- Handling IRAS queries
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job and, as such, the role may include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
- Full time or part time opportunity (4 days per week)
- 9.00am – 6.00pm with flexibility to support our clients business needs
- 25 annual leave days + an annual 'Withers' Day' (to be pro-rated)
- The firm provides staff medical insurance, discounts, a client commission scheme as well as remote working policies
Key skills and experience
- Minimum 10 years of tax practice experience
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills
- Analytical, organised and exercise initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external (international entities and ultra-high net worth individuals) stakeholders
- A strong willingness to learn and support in the growth of the firm's tax team
- Adept to working as part of a team, whilst equally comfortable working independently and multi-tasking
- A member of the Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals (SCTP) will be an added advantage
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.
London │ Geneva │ Zurich │Milan │ Padova │ Dubai │Hong Kong │ Singapore │Tokyo │British Virgin Islands │New York │ Greenwich, CT │ New Haven, CT │ San Francisco │ Los Angeles │ Rancho Santa Fe │ San Diego │Sydney