Marketing Business Development Coordinator (BUS & DR) New Haven, Greenwich, or NYC
Permanent - Full Time
The Marketing & Business Development Coordinator works closely with the BD & Marketing Manager acting as the team that supports Withers lawyers in the Business and Dispute Resolution division. It is an exciting role with the opportunity to help raise the profile and reputation of the practice through market facing campaigns including support of the execution of their business plans. The Marketing & Business Development Coordinator will help develop and maintain targeted marketing lists, draft pitches and presentations, help with budget requests and support social media campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pitches/RFPs – Assist with, and at times lead, pitches and RFPs; develop value-driven content for dynamic presentations in connection with pitches and new business opportunities; oversee final production of deliverables to meet deadlines; and maintain pitch/RFP files, log in pitch tracking system and proactively obtain outcomes.
- Experience Lists – Gather and centralize experience lists for use in pitches, proposals, submissions and other materials.
- Client Alerts/Client Team and Industry Newsletters – Assist with the development and coordination of client alerts and newsletters.
- Tracking/Reporting – Track and report on client targeting, partner BD-related activities, marketing campaigns and initiatives..
- Marketing Materials – Create and maintain up-to-date marketing materials including fact sheets, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, placemats and other tailored materials.
- Directory and Award Submissions – help coordinate and compile submissions related to legal directories and awards.
- Event Support/Coordination – Provide support for Withers- hosted events including coordination and development of invitations, other types of content and event materials with the branding and marketing technology teams, as well as tracking and assisting with follow-up activities.
- Conference Sponsorships – Provide support for sponsorships and coordinate all activities involved with sponsorship commitments.
- Research – Conduct research on a variety of topics including prospective and current clients, competitors and industry/market trends to aid in the development of client teams, pitches, RFP responses, and other internal and external marketing initiatives.
Successful candidates are forward-thinking, positive, energetic and detail-oriented. Candidates are able to bring substantive knowledge, have the ability to work well with various stakeholders within the firm, have proven project management skills in a fast-paced environment, and have great judgment and communication skills. A bachelor's degree is required and some knowledge of financial services and/or prior law firm experience is a plus. Successful candidates must also:
- Possess exemplary interpersonal and communication skills—both verbal and in writing, have excellent attention to detail, the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, work well under pressure, ability to manage time-sensitive deadlines across practices and incorporate feedback into their performance;
- Have well-developed Microsoft Office skills and be proficient in contact relationship management databases such as InterAction;
- Demonstrate a capacity to self-start and work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high volume environment while interacting credibly and diplomatically with all levels in an organization; and willingness to learn.
- Be curious, resourceful and proactive.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a law firm and/ or other professional services firm preferred; strong business acumen required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong digital computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and InterAction (or comparable CRM).
- Experience utilizing online social media tools in a professional setting, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and blogging.
- Meticulous attention to detail, as well as strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, such as pitch books, with competing deadlines.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and approach projects with a flexible and adaptable mindset.
- Enthusiastic and friendly with the demonstrated ability to work with people at various levels within the Firm.
- Availability to attend/run events early morning (breakfast time) or evenings will be necessary, as required.
- Knowledge of Tikit is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, or a related field.
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognized as the only dedicated international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States, Australia and the Caribbean we provide coverage that other law firms focused on the individual cannot. We continually look for opportunities to ensure we are based in the same locations as our clients and their wealth. We have represented 42% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as a significant number of the top 100 people listed in the US (Forbes) and a significant number in the Asian (Hurun) Rich List.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.