Marketing and Business Development Executive / Senior Marketing and Business Development Executive
Permanent - Full Time
Job title: Marketing and Business Development Executive / Senior Marketing and Business Development Executive
Reports to: Marketing and Business Development Manager (Business Division)
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a marketing and business development professional to support our lawyers in winning work from prospects, existing clients and intermediaries.
This is a varied and exciting role supporting the corporate and commercial real estate practice areas as well as certain sector groups. Unlike many other law firm marketing and BD positions, this role is not narrowly focused on pitch production although business development is a key component. The role is suited to somebody who wants to help shape the growth of the practice. This includes marketing and business development campaigns, winning new work and raising the firm's profile. Our client base is truly fascinating, and because of the type of law we advise on, we have scope to run more engaging campaigns than elsewhere in the sector.
You will be confident talking to a range of people from senior partners to new joiners to other law firm management professionals. You will bring passion and enthusiasm to your work. You will be alive to opportunities and have the persistence and dedication to see ideas through to execution.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Supporting the MBD Managers on all aspects of marketing and business development activity to win work from new contacts to the firm, and from existing clients. This includes marketing and business planning, supporting fee earners on their personal marketing plans and supporting at all stages of converting an opportunity to work.
- Interfacing with and building relationships with peers at other complementary organisations (e.g. other professional services firms, industry associations). Proposing ideas to help build our brand and market reputation.
- Playing a lead role in relation to some of our major campaigns and marketing projects. This includes campaigns focused on the future of real estate and the private capital sector.
- Being proactive in raising market awareness and understanding of our client base. Proposing new ideas to the divisional management that can help to drive further revenue growth e.g. client analysis, client awareness, potential events and webinars.
- Preparing pitch documents. Ensuring that our credentials reflect the strengths of the firm and are tailored to the intended recipients.
- Organising events and webinars as well as attending them.
- Project managing the legal directories process for the teams within the division.
- Working closely with our CRM Manager on specific pipeline management initiatives with the teams, encouraging the use of our CRM system (InterAction).
- Supporting on central projects – this might include developing our deals capture approach, or the way we capture information at client inception – there are lots of opportunities and we'd hope whoever is in this role will put their hand up for key projects to improve the way that we work.
- Building relationships with marketing and BD colleagues globally, looking for opportunities to improve close working.
- Although the BD team is supported by specialists in Digital, PR, Brand and CRM, the person in the role should be able to – in fact relish the chance to – turn their hand to the full marketing mix at times in supporting our practice and sector groups. This might mean project managing an initiative that calls upon the skills of the specialists above.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include undertaking additional tasks as required.
Skills and attributes
- Passionate, ambitious, enthusiastic.
- Someone who adds creativity and generates ideas, always looking for ways to improve what we do.
- Highly organised and happy to juggle lots of projects at any time – both day to day deadlines with longer term change programmes.
- Have the ability to stay calm and work under pressure.
- High level of attention to detail, an interest in a rigorous approach to all projects. A love of processes.
- The tenacity to follow up on ideas and to see project through to their natural conclusion.
- Emotionally intelligent and able to flex your style depending on who or teams you are talking to.
- Ideally you have experience working within either the professional services and/or the real estate sectors
- There are heaps of opportunities to grow this role and to make it your own. Spot what we haven’t spotted about how we market the firm.
- 9.30 am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must as this role will involve working alongside fee earning teams to meet pitch deadlines to win work, attending networking events to support our lawyers in developing relationships with target organisations.
- 12 week probation period.
- Four week notice period.
- Flexible benefit package including pension, private medical insurance, denplan, season ticket loan, discounted gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, the ability to buy and sell holidays, flu jabs, doctors consultation service, cycle to work scheme, on site café and more.
About Marketing and Business Development at Withersworldwide
- 25 marketers in London, 40 internationally. A team of specialists in their areas (BD, Digital, Events, Brand, PR, Internal Communications) but who are happy to roll their sleeves up to help each other out with all sorts of projects whenever needed.
- Whilst we are a busy team, we provide a supportive work environment. We invest in training and give people the opportunity to build and develop their careers with us. We are focused on developing a culture of excellence within our team. Many members of the team study to improve their knowledge of their areas. CIM and other marketing/business qualifications are also encouraged and supported.
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 70% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List, and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list. In 2018 Withers became one of the first law firms to adopt fully agile working practices with people splitting their time between their home and the office.
Information for recruitment agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal opportunities employment statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.