Marketing, Business Development and Digital Assistant
Permanent - Full Time
Job title: Marketing, Business Development and Digital Assistant
Reports to: Senior Marketing and Business Development Manager (Private Client and Tax Division) and the Head of Digital Marketing
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a graduate with relevant work experience to support the firm's leading private client and tax team in Europe and digital team. This is a newly created and exciting role that will offer variety and exposure to a wide range of marketing and business development activity but with a particular focus on digital marketing.
You will be joining a friendly and fun team at a pivotal time when the firm is investing significantly in its digital platform, which sits at the heart of everything we do. The firm has a unique culture that many prefer over that of other firms and our client base is truly fascinating. Because of this, and because of the type of law we advise on, we have scope to run more engaging campaigns than elsewhere in the sector and in this role, you will play an important part in future campaigns.
Your primary responsibilities on the business development and marketing side will include co-ordinating webinars and other virtual events, producing pitch and credential documents, legal directory submissions and supporting in-person events such as client roundtables and seminars. On the digital side your responsibilities will include generating and sending out branded communications, publishing content to our website and social media platforms, creating reports to measure success and maintaining and reporting from our client relationship management system (InterAction).
You will be a people-person and confident liaising with people at all levels across the firm, from senior partners to other business service departments. You will bring passion and enthusiasm to your work. Strong attention to detail is imperative in this role and an eye for design would be an advantage.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Using our email campaign software to generate the regular branded newsletters, briefings and event invitations that we send out to our client and intermediary contacts.
- Using our content management systems to update content on our websites and blogs.
- Assisting with the scheduling and publishing of content to social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Using a range of tools such as Google Analytics and Hootsuite to report on performance and engagement across our digital channels.
- To become proficient in the use of InterAction, the firm's CRM system.
- Monitoring the digital team's email inbox where all internal requests related to digital queries are managed.
- Organising webinars and events, as well as attending them.
- Supporting the legal directories process for the teams within the division and other ad-hoc award submissions.
- Working closely with our CRM manager on encouraging best us of our CRM system within the private client and tax team.
- Preparing pitch and credential documents.
- Working closely with our internal communications team to raise profile of the division.
- Collating information on significant new client wins and projects across the division.
- Responsibility for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of client data feeding into InterAction from our 'client matter inception' processes, including liaising with partners, associates and secretaries to obtain missing information.
- Carrying out research across the team.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Skills and attributes
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Ideally you have work placement / work experience within a digital / marketing team.
- Good knowledge of a range of social media platforms and an eagerness to learn about new innovations and software.
- Knowledge of InterAction would be useful but is not essential as full training will be given for the right candidate
- High level of attention to detail
- Passionate, ambitious and enthusiastic
- You will be a champion for client data quality
- Emotionally intelligent and able to flex your style depending on who or the teams you are talking to
- Highly organised and happy to juggle lots of projects at any time
- Have the ability to stay calm and work under pressure
- 9.30 – 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- Flexible benefit package including pension, private medical insurance, denplan, season ticket loan, discounted gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, the ability to buy and sell holidays, flu jabs, doctors consultation service, cycle to work scheme, on site café and more
About Marketing and Business Development at Withersworldwide
- 25 marketers in London, 40 internationally. A team of specialists in their areas (BD, Digital, Events, Brand, PR, Internal Communications) but who are happy to roll their sleeves up to help each other out with all sorts of projects whenever needed
- Whilst we are a busy team, we provide a supportive work environment. We invest in training and give people the opportunity to build and develop their careers with us. We are focused on developing a culture of excellence within our team. Many members of the team study to improve their knowledge of their areas. CIM and other marketing/business qualifications are also encouraged and supported
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, businesses and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on their business, personal and philanthropic needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the leading international law firm for successful people. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean we provide coverage across the world that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot. We have represented 70% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as a significant number of people listed in the US (Forbes) and Asian (Hurun) Rich Lists.
Information for recruitment agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal opportunities employment statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability