IT Technical Systems Analyst (Applications Team)
Permanent - Full Time
Job title: IT Technical Systems Analyst (Applications Team)
Reporting to: IT Applications Manager
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit a security focussed, end user compute technical analyst, with strong windows packaging and SCCM experience. The roles primary focus will be ensuring that the firms end user systems are aligned to cyber security best practises and kept up to date by ensuring OS and application versions are patched to the latest version promptly. Its is critical that the firm's systems are patched and secure to protect against any cyber vulnerability – you will be accountable in ensuring desktops meet that standard.
Additionally, the role holder will be the applications team assigned security SME and will assist in any technical cyber security initiatives within the end user compute space.
The candidate will be proficient in the packaging and deployment of all Windows based applications using SCCM, APP-V and standard MSI packaging tools and be a Microsoft OS expert. The role also requires that you maintain associated Infrastructure as well as general systems administration across firms' systems.
The individual must be able to perform generalist tasks and 3rd line support. You will need to be self-sufficient within your daily duties and be comfortable working with senior members of the IT system team, security teams and 3rd party vendors.
The individual will work in the London office as part of the Global Systems Team. The Global Systems Team is located in London and is responsible for supporting and maintaining the firm's technology across geographical regions. The Global Systems Team is split in by two functional but collaborative groups - Applications and Infrastructure.
The Applications group are responsible for the unified communications, database systems, end user compute and the firms' business applications suite including document management, HR, finance, marketing and know-how systems. The team undertake the day-to-day administration, support, implementation and development of all the Firm’s applications and systems. In addition, this role will require the individual to work with project, security, and development teams to ensure the effective delivery of business-led initiatives.
The priority for all IT activity is to maintain the highest levels of stability and reliability in the services delivered.
This role requires experience of working in a medium to large multi-site professional services organisation and broad experience of legal industry applications. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required with the ability to work with a wide range of people including vendors, project managers, technologists, legal staff, partners, secretaries and other support staff.
A very high level of personal organisation and professionalism is required, together with a 'can-do' attitude and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. This person must inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork, and service to the business.
Technical experience required
- In-depth knowledge of SCCM, APP-V, MSI Packaging, Citrix XenApp, standard desktop applications (Office, Adobe, AV), Group-Policy, Install Shield and WISE
- A strong practical understanding of IT security and compliance best practices.
- A strong working knowledge of desktop deployment and maintenance specifically around Windows 10.
- Strong understanding of laptop hardware, desktop hardware and virtual desktops
- Strong PowerShell and scripting abilities.
- Experience in creating, maintaining and deploying customised operating system build on a global scale.
- Working knowledge of end user security toolsets like Crowdstrike, Forcpoint and Tessian
- Working knowledge of legal-industry applications such as Worksite (iManage), BigHand, Interaction.
- Experience of SharePoint, SQL, Exchange, Template Management and Mimecast
- Good knowledge of Windows-based Servers, PCs, laptops, and IOS devices
- Knowledge of Virtual technologies such as VMware and Citrix VDI
- Experience of working in a ITIL-based support environment and with Help Desk systems such as Top Desk
- Excellent customer service
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- The packaging of all applications using App-V or MSI (Install Shield)
- OS builds, SCCM deployments of applications and troubleshooting
- Automated OS patching, compliance and troubleshooting
- 3rd line support of the Desktop Infrastructure in particular SCCM troubleshooting
- Creating scripts / applets to improve desktop support processes
- Provide technical assistance and know-how to the test and release process. Working closely with application testers and 3rd party vendors
- Ensure that systems are remediated with latest patches and meet baseline policies.
- Ensure software deployments are successful and remediate where necessary
- Support systems, ensuring that the highest levels of stability and reliability are maintained.
- Identifying, documenting and undertaking maintenance and administration processes on systems infrastructure globally
- Provide a technical resource for projects run by the Business Transformation Team or IT Project Managers and produce and maintain technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base. Progress projects and tasks on time and to budget
- Monitor the team queue in the Help Desk call-logging system to ensure incidents are managed in a timely manner and escalated using the correct procedures. Close calls when a satisfactory resolution has been achieved.
- Define and track SLAs for key systems with special emphasis on legal applications.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base.
- Maintain technical leadership in assigned technologies, and ensure that responsibilities for key technologies are appropriately allocated and understood by colleagues
- Working with the Manager, ensure that support contracts are in place for all systems and appropriate support, backup and capacity procedures are in place and documented
- Assist with occasional infrastructure / server support and patching out of other office core hours
- Identify major support incidents and liaise with support teams, following the Major Incident process. Inform the IT Management of any escalating support issues in order that they may be resolved within reasonable time scales
- Establish and maintain contact with colleagues in all offices to ensure that a consistent approach is being adopted across the firm
- Continually maintain and expand strong working knowledge of current Firm-supported and future technologies to provide technically accurate solutions to end-users
- Adhere fully to the Change and Release management processes
- Adhere fully to the Problem management process and to the investigation of the root cause of outages
- Develop, present and implement proposals to improve systems and infrastructure
- Ensure that the housekeeping and administration of systems are carried out in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures
- Ensure security is maintained in line with the Firm’s security standards
- Contribute to the IT Risk register to identify and manage operational risks and work to eliminate areas of vulnerability
- Occasional assistance with cover for the global service desk phones and email
- 9:30 to 17:30 but flexibility is a must
- Three-month probation period
- 24/7 on call rota is in place (every 6-7 weeks)
- Three-month notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
About Withers Worldwide
Withers have been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world, the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot.
With over 150 partners and more than 450 other lawyers, we have unparalleled expertise in commercial, tax, trusts, estate planning, financial services, litigation and arbitration, real estate, charities, employment, family law and other legal issues facing individuals and their families. The firm has advised 42% of the top 100 UK Sunday Times Rich List and over 20% of the top 100 US Forbes list, as well as numerous families in Asia.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.