Senior IT Test Analyst
Permanent - Full Time
Job title: Senior IT Test Analyst
Reports to: IT Test Manager
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced legal Senior IT Test Analyst. The primary purpose of this role is to ensure software quality through manual but also automation testing techniques. The individual will be responsible for creating test plans and scripts, performing accurate test execution, finding and reporting defects and reporting on test cases. You will test systems integration, functional, non-functional and performance testing across the firm's range of off the shelf and custom built systems, desktop and applications. Ultimately, you will ensure that our end user systems work correctly whilst always looking to improve testing process.
Being the senior analyst in the team, you will support the IT Test Manager in helping to mature the test capability. You will be keen to mentor other colleagues and knowledge share. You will look to raise standards by identifying and sharing opportunities to improve the use of tools and processes in place.
The firm is about to embark on a significant programme to digitise processes and services. This will result in a number of key IT changes which will require a proactive and effective test function that is both agile and functional. Testing will be key to the successful delivery of those initiatives. You will act as the test lead on a number of these projects as well as ensuring that the firm's systems remain up to date and secure through operational change.
The individual will work in the London office as part of the Global Systems Team. The team undertake the day-to-day administration and support of all the firm’s applications and systems, ensuring that the firm’s policies and procedures are followed at all times.
The Applications, Infrastructure and Testing groups are jointly known as the Systems Team. The groups are co-located and work very closely together. Members are primarily based in London but provide support across all regions. In addition, this role will require the individual to work with the Project Management Office and Development team to ensure the effective delivery of business-led projects.
The priority for all IT activity is to maintain the highest levels of stability and reliability in the services delivered.
This role requires experience of working in a medium to large multi-site professional services organisation and broad experience of legal industry applications. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required with the ability to work with a wide range of people including vendors, Project Managers, technologists, legal staff, partners, secretaries and other support staff.
A self-starter with a very high level of personal organisation and professionalism is required, together with a 'can-do' attitude and an ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure. A keen eye for detail and a passion for quality is a must.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Coordinate and undertake the testing of systems and applications, including functional, regression and performance testing, ensuring there is a thorough and consistent approach
- Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in the defect tracking system
- Develop an understanding of the key functionality within applications and systems. Document and develop test scripts and test tools
- Thorough execution of tests scripts and documentation of results
- Proactively track business pilots, collate results and provide summary reports
- Concise and clear reporting of issues with suppliers, IT and business staff
- Conduct post-release / post implementation regression testing
- Act as lead test resource for Project Management Office and IT lead projects and operational change test cases
- To assist and work with colleagues in business departments and other regions to develop test plans, organise testing, collate results and feed back to technical teams
- To provide guidance on the appropriate level of testing to IT management and project managers
- To progress projects and tasks on time and to budget
- Provide regular reports and updates to colleagues on the status of assigned tasks making sure they are consulted where appropriate and issues escalated for attention
- Use experience to assist in maturation of the testing function within the firm
- Help coach team members and improve standards
- Deputise, where appropriate, for the IT Test Manager
- Identify automation test candidates
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
- 3 years+ working knowledge of legal applications including but not limited to iManage, Microsoft Office, Bighand, Workshare, Interaction, Elite and associated systems
- 3 years+ experience of working with industry standard test management software like Microsoft TFS and Jira
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certified. ISTQB Advanced would be advantageous
- Experience of working in a ITIL-based support environment
- Analytical mind-set with ability to troubleshoot and converse with Technical Analysts
- Ability to work in both Waterfall and Agile QA frameworks
- Excellent understanding of testing techniques and the QA and Test lifecycle methodologies
- Excellent ability to learn and understand new software and concepts
- Experience of working in a ITIL-based support environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take ownership, multi-task and work to deadlines
- Analytical mind-set with technical understanding of software with the ability to troubleshoot and challenge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some project management or business analysis experience would be advantageous
- Automation testing experience would be advantageous
- Keen interest in software testing and the wider QA community
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 week probation period
- 12 week notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme and more
About Withers Worldwide
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, businesses and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on their business, personal and philanthropic needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the leading international law firm for successful people. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean we provide coverage across the world that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot. We have represented 70% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as a significant number of people listed in the US (Forbes) and Asian (Hurun) Rich Lists.
Information for recruitment agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal opportunities employment statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability