Matter Management Coordinator
Permanent - Full Time
Private Client and Tax
Job title: Matter Management Coordinator
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Matter Management Coordinator. This will be an evolving role which will primarily consist of processing and co-ordinating certain billing and finance functions as well as taking responsibility for new client and matter take on requests with pro-active and continual management of financial and administrative aspects of matters implementing consistent best practice.
This role would suit a proactive and competent individual, with a positive can-do attitude and an awareness of risk who possesses an interest and aptitude for financial administration and has excellent organisational skills. Previous financial administration experience would be an advantage and you will preferably be educated to A level standard (or equivalent).
Areas of focus and responsibilities:
- Review of fee earner narratives to ensure they are consistent with client agreed format
- Production of monthly invoices, co-ordinating production of narratives and heads of charge
- Prompt processing of time entries and movement requests
- Prompt processing of third-party costs
- Improve speed and accuracy of billing practices and cost recovery
- Ensure bill trackers are kept up to date throughout the billing process
- Prompt transmission of invoices, liaising with clients and partners to deal with any queries in respect of invoices
- Assist with credit control tasks and debt management
- Produce credit notes when required
- Liaising with all relevant practice groups and offices
- Provide support to the development of fee proposals and matter management frameworks
- Proactively deal with billing tasks outside of the billing period including:
- ensuring billable matters are fully opened promptly
- transferring time to correct files (on request) – proactive prompting
- checking VAT exemption, charge out rates and currencies are correct where applicable
- Proactively provide regular reports to partners to ensure residual balances are dealt with promptly adhering to all internal and statutory finance rules and regulations
- Assist with financial housekeeping including prompt closure of completed and inactive matters, some aspects of general accounting and research of financial information
- Process New Business Intake (NBI) requests obtaining all required information including carrying out risk-based assessments for all new matters
- Submission of conflict check requests to the risk team following up any requirements for further information
- Identification of KYC (know your client) requirements in respect of NBIs to include completing anti-money laundering due diligence paperwork including requesting and obtaining correct documentation to ensure matters can be opened promptly
- Various administrative tasks as required
Key Performance Indicators
- Contribution to the Group's financial metrics
- Successful matter and client outcomes
- Efficient processes and practices
- Positive client and partner feedback
- Achieve agreed milestones; and
- Positive internal stakeholder feedback
Key skills and experience
- It is essential that the incumbent is comfortable with financial co-ordination
- Advanced organisational and influencing skills. Flexibility of style, attention to detail and an ability to multi-task in a fast paced, detail-orientated environment
- Have a high level of initiative and independent judgement with excellent trouble shooting, decision making and follow-through skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- High level of inter-personal skills to facilitate communication in person, by email and telephone with professionalism and diplomacy. Very strong facilitation and presentation skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new applications quickly
- Be able to work as part of a team and under pressure
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and inquisitive
- 9.30 – 5.30pm
- 12 week probationary period
- 4 week notice period
- Benefit package including pension, private medical, Denplan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
- About Withersworldwide
- Withersworldwide have been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
- We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot. We continually look for opportunities to ensure we are based in the same locations as our clients and their wealth. We have represented 51% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as a significant number of people listed in the US (Forbes) and Asian (Hurun) Rich Lists.
- The firm consists of three global legal Divisions: Business; Dispute Resolution and Private Client and Tax. Each Division is headed by a Divisional CEO and Divisional Operating Officer. There is also an overarching CEO of the global firm.
- Information for Recruitment Agencies
We endeavour to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, we operate a preferred supplier list ('PSL') and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
- Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities for all employees/prospective employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.