Associate (Private Client & Tax)
Permanent - Full Time
Private Client and Tax
Practice Group: Private Client & Tax
Job title: Associate
Location: Hong Kong
Since 1896, Withers has been trusted advisors to successful people and businesses with complex legal needs. We champion our clients' interests, locally and globally, from offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean. We have represented 70% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of Forbes 400 List of the Wealthiest Americans, 35% of Forbes Hong Kong's 50 Richest People List and 48% of Forbes Singapore's 50 Richest People List.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to hire an Associate to join the Withers Hong Kong Private Client & Tax team. The ideal candidate will have worked in a Private Client team and have experience with estate and wealth planning. The role will at times be demanding and fast paced so you will need to be an efficient worker who can prioritise, multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
The role is focused on advising and assisting an exceptional client base of ultra and high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs and their families, family offices, trustees, businesses and philanthropic endeavours both locally and internationally. The role will involve:
- Private client services, including tax advice, succession planning, trust and estate administration
- Trust drafting
- Designing family governance structures
- Tax structuring of cross border investments
- Immigration and tax residency advice
- Advice establishing non-profit or charity organisations and philanthropic giving
Given our multi-disciplinary approach in providing our clients with solutions, you will also get to collaborate with colleagues with an exceptional wealth of experience both in the Hong Kong office and other offices, and other practice groups
Skills and Experience
- Three to five years PQE with experience in private client services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Analytical, organised and can demonstrate initiative
- Able to work as part of a dynamic team and also independently
- Good command of English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Proficient in PC skills (e.g., Word, Excel & etc.) and Chinese Word Processing
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.