Financial Accountant – 3-6 Month FTC
Fixed Term - Full Time
Job title: Financial Accountant – 3-6 Month FTC
Reports to: EU Financial Controller
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and capable Financial Accountant to provide temporary support to the EU Financial Controller during the post year end audit process. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with previous experience dealing with audit and partnership accounting, to hit the ground running on a 3-6 month contract.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Working closely with the Financial Accounts team and Auditors and liaising with the accountants in the Group offices to ensure that the audit completes on time and efficiently.
- Direct preparation and uploading to the audit portal of supporting documentation for the audit.
- Reconciliation and maintenance of EU partner ledgers within the Elite general ledger (profit, drawings, tax reserves).
- Creation of a global annual partner compensation model.
- Cash flow management and preparation of cash flow forecasts for London, including proposed drawdowns on the borrowing facilities.
- Liaising with all offices to understand their cash flow forecasts and ensure that their operating costs are met and that borrowing costs are minimised, by transferring funds to and from the offices.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual preparation of commission calculations in respect of consultancy agreements.
- Intercompany reconciliation project to reconcile old historic balances, in advance of the move to 3E.
- Project to clean up Elite balances relating to closed offices, in advance of the move to 3E.
- Assisting with the Elite 3E project, scheduled to go live in February 2022.
- Ad hoc work as it arises, including project work
Skills and attributes
- Highly PC literate. In particular advanced Excel skills
- Excellent people skills and a team working ethos
- The ability to stay calm and work under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- The ability to deliver a complete solution
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to use your initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An organised approach to work which allows you to manage conflicting deadlines and priorities
Qualifications and experience required
- A minimum of 3 years of post-qualification experience
- Experience of dealing with year-end/audit
- Strong accounting skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience with Elite Enterprise and or Elite 3E would be advantageous
- 9.30am – 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 3-month fixed term contract
- 2-week notice period
About Withers Worldwide
Withers have been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world, the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot.
With over 150 partners and more than 450 other lawyers, we have unparalleled expertise in commercial, tax, trusts, estate planning, financial services, litigation and arbitration, real estate, charities, employment, family law and other legal issues facing individuals and their families. The firm has advised 42% of the top 100 UK Sunday Times Rich List and over 20% of the top 100 US Forbes list, as well as numerous families in Asia.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.