Permanent - Full Time
Business - Corporate
Job title: Paralegal
Practice Group: Corporate
About Withers KhattarWong
Since 1896, Withers has been trusted advisors to successful people and businesses with complex legal
needs. We champion our clients' interests, locally and globally, from offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean. We have represented 70% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of Forbes 400 List of the Wealthiest Americans, 35% of Forbes Hong Kong's 50 Richest People List and 48% of Forbes Singapore's 50 Richest People List.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit an experienced paralegal to join the Withers KhattarWong's Corporate team. The role will at times be demanding and fast paced so you will need to be an efficient worker who can prioritise, multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Assist with contract administration
- Perform corporate due diligence and verification work
- Assist with corporate governance and compliance matters
- Undertake legal research and preparing legal memoranda.
- Prepare documentation for IPOs
- Handle different aspects of administrative work including filings with various government agencies.
- Other ad hoc and general administrative tasks.
Key skills, experience and attributes
Ideally you will have worked in a similar legal environment for a few years, with the ability to use your initiative to pick up unfamiliar work quickly and be proactive in anticipating the needs of the team.
Experience in the legal sector is desirable with familiarity of the range of work and type of documents that are typical.
- Experience assisting with legal due-diligence exercises, ability to identify and highlight red-flag issues, familiarity with Companies Act, corporate records, ACRA filings
- (Preferred but not compulsory) Experience assisting with IPO exercises, in particular with preparing disclosure and declaration forms, submission documents to SGX, lodgement documents to MAS
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and balance competing demands
- Enjoy being a team player, with a flexible and can-do attitude and approach.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about providing exceptional client service.
- Good communication skills and high levels of interpersonal skills.
- The ability to stay calm under pressure.
- The integrity to handle highly confidential information appropriately.
- Technically competent, but more importantly you will have the ability to use your initiative to adapt and think laterally.
- Self-motivated and goal focussed, you will enjoy change and variety, and thrive under pressure.
- Education to Diploma level (or above) is desirable
- Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm; however, given the nature of the business, flexibility especially during peak periods, is required.
- 25 days annual leave
- Annual 'Withers Day' for all employees
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.