Document Production Centre Specialist - Remote, Nights
Permanent - Full Time
Job title: Document Production Centre Specialist - Nights
Reports to: Document Production Manager
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced and efficient individual to provide exceptional document production service to the firm during the night. You will be highly technically capable with excellent communication skills. This position is for a remote worker who excels when using their initiative with minimal supervision.
This role would suit a proactive and competent individual, with a positive can-do attitude. Solid experience working in a corporate business environment, preferably legal, is desirable. Ideally you will be educated to GCSE standard (or equivalent) Maths and English (minimum) with an accurate typing speed of at least 65 words per minute and hold an MS Office Specialist (Word) certification.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants a full time night role in a City firm without the busy commute, someone who can work with autonomy whilst being very much part of a team. Flexibility is essential.
Areas of focus and responsibilities:
- Produce accurate, high quality and to the standardised requirements, typed work, from audio and script work, using any of the firm’s software packages and document management systems plus other work associated with document production
- Communicate effectively within the team and with divisional, legal, secretarial and support staff
- Complete workflow system for each job undertaken
- Troubleshoot and provide expert technical advice
- Illustrate adaptability and flexibility as and when the team's service offering evolves
- Identify training and development needs and request training through the Document Production Manager and IT
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
- Produce, reformat into house style and manipulate complex documents to an advanced level
- Create, edit and apply styles
- Extensive knowledge working with tables
- Create mail merges using the mail merge wizard for documents and labels
- Able to use Workshare Compare
- Experience of working with track changes
- Repair corrupt documents including troubleshooting table of contents and numbering issues
- Knowledge of DocX Tools
- Add and wrap text
- Insert, modify and delete rows and columns
- Enter basic formulae
- Change page orientation and page margins
- Copy and move data
- Use hide/unhide and freeze panes
- Format cells as required using font, alignment, number, borders and patterns
- Re-scale for printing on A4 and A3 and set print area
- Enter text in a slide – amend font style, size and tabs
- Create housestyle presentations from external presentations
- Create presentations using other Withers’ office templates
- Create flowcharts using connectors and grouping
- Visually enhance flowcharts using colours, fill, scaling and rotation
- Insert Clipart and WordArt
- Use animation and slide transitions
- Resize slides from A4 to A3
- Manipulate Master slides
- Good working knowledge of pdfDocs and bdr creation
- Add and update contacts
Document Management System
- Good working knowledge of Filesite or similar document management system, create and save work within specified areas
- Re-file documents
Personal skills and attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manage and prioritise workload effectively, with the ability to multi-task
- Organised and accurate with a high level of attention to detail
- Good technical skills with the ability to adapt, think laterally and apply software to produce the desired documents/outcomes
- Excellent administrative skills
- Highly self-motivated and goal focussed
- Must be flexible, co-operative and a good team player
- Calm and not easily ruffled
- Work well under pressure
- 12:30am to 8am, Monday to Friday and flexibility is a must
- There will be a minimum 4 week training period, during this period the hours of work will flexible during the daytime and there may be a need to attend the office during this period.
- 12 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- Benefit package may include pension, private medical, denplan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
- The Firm will provide a computer and dual screen (no printer required) and access to the Firm’s systems will be via Citrix therefore a broadband speed of at least 8mb is required
- The successful candidate would need to provide a working area with desk, chair, etc. and pay for their own broadband connection and phone; blinds may be required in the work area and there should be no distractions (i.e. children or other dependants)
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 70% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List, and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.