Permanent - Full Time
The Administrative Assistant position at Withers Bergman LLP provides general in-office administrative support to the firm in a detail-oriented, efficient, and organized manner. This role requires an enthusiastic and proactive person who is eager to learn and develop their administrative skills in a top international law firm. Candidates must be self-starters who are capable of multi-tasking while maintaining consistent and precise attention to details.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Provide general in-office administrative support, working closely with Legal Secretaries and fee-earners
- Assist with client file opening, conflict checks, and other processes related to onboarding new clients and opening new matters
- Assist with the monthly billing process, including time entry, producing billing guides, transferring time, and creating pdf bill packs
- Prepare letters and enclosures
- Prepare and submit expenses using Chrome River
- Photocopy, scan, and print documents
- Review and proofread documents
- Scan/e-file documents
- Assist with maintaining e-files and hard copy filing
- Provide Notary and witness services
- Assist other team and support departments
- Additional duties as required
Skills and attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel
- Flexible attitude, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Flexibility to work overtime as requested/needed
- Client service or administrative support experience desired.
- Commissioned Notary desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred, high school degree or equivalent required.
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years.
We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 46% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The firm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at the firm. Employment at the firm is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The firm prohibits and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on the basis of any of these classifications or characteristics.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact the firm at 203 789 1320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.