Assistant Marketing Manager
Permanent - Full Time
Job title: Assistant Marketing Manager
Reports to: Regional Marketing Manager and Head of Business Development and Marketing (APAC)
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented Assistant Marketing Manager to lead the marketing initiatives of our growing Tokyo team, which consists of eight partners and 12 other fee-earners. In the Tokyo office, you will be supporting three main practice areas (tax, investment funds and real estate) in the execution of their business development and marketing strategies. You will champion the development of client pitches, proposals and capability statements, while seeking new synergies within the practices across the region and globally.
As part of a highly collaborative regional marketing team, you will also be supporting Hong Kong and Singapore's marketing matters from time to time. In Asia, we currently have seven marketing individuals based in our Hong Kong and Singapore offices.
This is a wonderful role for an enthusiastic, independent, proactive and service-oriented person, who would like to be given the space to develop his/her leadership skills and be involved in business strategy within a law firm context.
Skills and attributes
- At least 5 years of marketing experience preferably in a professional service firm (legal or accounting sector experience is a bonus)
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, presentation and relationship building skills
- Business planning and project management experience at a strategic level is essential
- Proficiency in Japanese is a must, a strong business English capability required
- A very strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage a range of tasks independently in a deadline driven environment
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Preferably knowledge of Interaction or a similar CRM database
- Digital marketing experience (e.g. social media, e-newsletters) is desirable
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- To play a part in the strategic development of the Tokyo team's business
- Execution of client events (both digital and in-person) in Tokyo
- Responsible for the successful production of pitch materials and other marketing materials for the relevant practice teams
- Manage the directory and award submission process for the Tokyo team
- Organise and review translations of marketing materials to English and/or Japanese where required
- Host and participate in monthly business development meetings with fee earners
- Facilitate internal communication announcing firm news and marketing initiatives
- Work with the Business Development Managers to explore media and PR opportunities for lawyers whether it involves article writing or feature interviews
- Work closely with our European and US colleagues in the execution of regional and global thought leadership campaigns when needed
- Engage in client engagement campaigns tailored for Japanese audience (i.e. videos, social media, podcast)
- Ensure web profiles of our lawyers and specific content in the website are up-to-date and client-centric
- Conduct regular background research on key industries and potential clients
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.