Partnership Tax Advisor
Permanent - Full Time
Job title: Partnership Tax Advisor
Reports to: Head of Partnership Tax
What are we looking for?
The Tax Team manages the Global Tax Function for Withers, and we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team. The role is an interesting mix of UK and overseas tax compliance, together with opportunities to work on domestic and international projects.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Preparation of UK tax computations and tax returns for UK limited liability partnerships
- Preparation of partners’ UK tax returns, including dealing with joining and leaving partners
- Liaising with third party advisers to complete US tax returns for UK partners
- Reconciling partner tax reserves, including tax equalisation calculations and drafting closing statements for leavers
- Liaising with third party advisers to complete UK corporation tax computations and tax returns for various service companies
- Preparation of PSA and STBV filings
- Managing tax payments for partners and corporate entities
- Assisting in tax matters for the Italian office, including managing partners' tax and Cassa payments and reconciling partners' tax reserves
- Assisting in resolving tax and social security issues for globally mobile partners and staff
- Supporting the Tax Team in various projects and planning for the Withers Group, including opening new offices, restructuring existing offices and modelling the impact of changes in law and / or practice
- Assisting with other projects or tasks as and when required.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Skills and experience required
- Professionally qualified (CIOT preferred)
- Experience of UK partnership and UK partners tax compliance cycle, including preparation of tax returns
- Experience of working in an in-house role within a professional services partnership preferred
- Experience of working with international firms preferred
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Excel and CCH Personal Tax (or other tax return software)
- Pro-active approach, with initiative to solve problems and move projects forward
- Confident interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with partners and colleagues
- First class written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail together with a methodical and organised approach
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 week probation period
- 12 week notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme and more
About Withers Worldwide
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 70% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List, and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.