Employment Paralegal (12mth FTC)
Fixed Term - Full Time
Dispute Resolution - Employment
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
We work across a range of sectors, including luxury brands, technology, financial and professional services and media & the creative arts. We advise both employers and employees on their employment related rights. Businesses and charities benefit from this, as we provide practical insights, based on our experience, into the way in which an employee is likely to react to a particular situation or approach. Employees benefit from our tactical expertise gleaned from acting from employers.
Our lawyers are recognised in their field and have appeared on television, radio and in the national and specialist press. They speak regularly at leading industry conferences and universities and several are recommended in their national legal directories.
The role will involve all aspects of employment work including but not limited to:
- Legal research
- General research including research into business sectors, trends etc.
- Document management including preparing bundles for court/employment tribunal applications and case management for hearing and trials
- Document review and analysis
- Preparing first drafts of emails, letters, contracts and instructions to counsel
- General file management and client care including attending client meetings and taking notes
- Participating in client events
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience working as a Paralegal is desirable
- Completed the LPC or equivalent and with a desirable grade of commendation or higher
- Familiarity with technology e.g. excel, word
- Excellent research skills
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Strong academics
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Working hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- This role is for a period of 12 months
- Flexible benefit package may include pension, private medical insurance, dental plan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, the ability to buy and sell holidays, flu jabs, doctors consultation service, cycle to work scheme, on site café plus more
For further information, please contact the recruitment team.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
We endeavour to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, we operate a preferred supplier list ('PSL') and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities for all employees/prospective employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.