Financial Systems Analyst (12 month FTC)
Fixed Term - Full Time
Job title: Financial Systems Analyst (12 month FTC)
Reports to: Global Head of Business Systems
What are we looking for?
This role is key to facilitating, supporting and developing the use of systems and technology across the firm globally. This will include the effective use of the Elite Enterprise PMS, ensuring that system queries are efficiently and professionally dealt with in order to meet the needs of the firm.
The Financial Systems Analyst will work closely with the Senior Financial Systems Analyst to build strong relationships with the business; helping deliver an impeccable service supporting the firm's existing systems, whilst also assisting with the implementation of a new firm-wide PMS (Thomson Reuters 3E).
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Monitor and proactively manage the finance systems mailbox; being first-line support for the team’s queries and setting user expectations appropriately.
- The resolution of queries raised by the business in a timely and professional manner.
- Liaising with third-party vendors to rectify problematic issues.
- Running of daily processes and management of day-to-day system maintenance tasks.
- Provide technical expertise to help facilitate the effective use of financial systems across the firm globally.
- Trouble-shoot system issues and identify system improvements to meet user and business requirements.
- Analyse data contained in our databases to identify and fix data integrity issues.
- To support the 3E project team and become increasingly involved in our PMS implementation, as the project progresses.
- Create, test and deliver financial reports and other information to the firm.
Technical skills and experience
- Experience working in a legal finance department or finance systems team in a global law firm.
- Solid experience of the day-to-day working processes of a legal finance department.
- An understanding of the business implications of finance systems in a legal environment.
- Strong knowledge of the Elite Enterprise application.
- Some knowledge of the Elite enterprise table structure and relational databases an advantage.
- As is the ability to write Transact-SQL queries.
- Must have an understanding of accounting principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be a confident communicator
- Ability to analyse and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Highly self-motivated with an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Demonstrable team player, with a flexible and patient approach to work and colleagues.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and prioritise work accordingly.
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 week probation period
- 12 week notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
About Withers Worldwide
Withers have been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world, the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot.
With over 150 partners and more than 450 other lawyers, we have unparalleled expertise in commercial, tax, trusts, estate planning, financial services, litigation and arbitration, real estate, charities, employment, family law and other legal issues facing individuals and their families. The firm has advised 42% of the top 100 UK Sunday Times Rich List and over 20% of the top 100 US Forbes list, as well as numerous families in Asia.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.