Corporate Secretarial Manager
Permanent - Full Time
About Withers KhattarWong LLP
Withers KhattarWong LLP is amongst the largest international law firm in Singapore. We are a fully integrated global law firm with lawyers located across five continents in 17 offices.
Our broad global platform allows us to guide clients through the legal challenges inherent in the ever-changing international landscape. As our client, you will receive quality advice on diverse legal and tax issues through the services of one law firm with a single communication.
Internationally, we have made a reputation for ourselves as the leading law firm for private capital; our clients include public and private companies founded by successful families, MNCs, financial institutions, international brands, family offices and HNWIs, charities and not-for-profit organisations, amongst others. We pride ourselves for our role in helping our clients achieve success.
Our Singapore and London offices have full company secretarial ('CoSec') teams which provide expert services to support clients both directly and indirectly through the various teams and departments within the Firm.
In Singapore, the team is an integral part of our large corporate and private client practices. They provide company secretarial services to our private and publicly listed clients owned by the Firm's ultra-high net worth and corporate client base. Our CoSec team are instrumental to the business and the Manager is key to ensuring the team provides the highest quality corporate secretarial services up to our clients' expectations.
The Manager will also work closely with the Firm's corporate lawyers, who will provide the necessary guidance as and when required.
This role will lead, manage and oversee the CoSec team, to ensure provision of efficient corporate secretarial services to public and private listed companies. It involves managing and overseeing a broad portfolio of clients from inception to dissolution and managing the commercial activity of, as well as overseeing the continued development of the CoSec team.
Over and above knowledge and experience, this role will suit an individual who is ambitious, innovative and has strong business acumen, with the experience and aspiration to bring forward a team of professionals which will provide a high-quality company secretarial function to their clients.
The role will involve:
- Autonomously, and as an ongoing responsibility, review, implement and maintain the CoSec team's processes and procedures to ensure the team is delivering an effective and efficient product to the business and external clients.
- Implement and oversee available software/applications to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the team's processes & procedures and align with global systems where possible. Provide upgrade/improvement initiatives to ensure the team is functioning at their operational 'best'.
- Continued training, mentoring and performance review of team members, ensuring they have the technical and 'soft' skills to support their internal and external client network
- Manage communications with clients, partners and colleagues
- Create client alerts for local regulatory and legal changes
- Preparation of customary legal documents
- Conduct international searches
- Provide due diligence support
General Corporate Secretarial Support
- Management of end-to-end corporate secretarial functions from establishment to striking off process, including, but not limited to:
- amendments to company constitution
- share allotment and/or share transfers
- preparation of board meetings and AGMs documentations (eg. minutes, resolutions and articles of association)
- Filing of Annual Returns
- maintenance and upkeep of statutory registers
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this position and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience in an established CoSec practice, ideally within a professional services environment
- ICSA qualification is essential and membership with SAICSA will be highly regarded
- In-depth ACRA knowledge as well as working knowledge of other corporate entity management platform (eg. Blueprint)
- Enthusiastic about providing exceptional client (external and internal) service
- Strong commercial awareness, financial aptitude and with the integrity to handle highly confidential information appropriately
- Excellent communication skills and high levels of interpersonal skills, and of course, able to stay calm under pressure
- Organised, conscientious and highly detail-oriented and
- Technically competent and importantly, an ability to use your initiative to adapt and think laterally
- Enjoy being a team player, with a flexible and can-do attitude and approach
- Self-motivated and goal focused, you will enjoy change and variety, and thrive under pressure
- This role is part of our fee-earning team and is a business partnering role within our Corporate team.
- The Corporate Secretarial Manager reports into a dedicated Corporate Partner, and has additional reporting lines to other partners across the Division, depending on workflow.
- From time to time, the incumbent will have the opportunity to be involved in our wider firm social & cultural activities. We think this is a great thing!
- Our Firm operates under a 'Mobile Working' arrangement. As such, and with due consideration for the needs of the business, requirements for in-office activities as well as maintaining strong engagement with the team and colleagues within the office, the Corporate Secretarial Manager will have the opportunity to divide their time working in or external to the office.
- Business hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm however given the nature and scope of the role, flexibility in availability is required.
- We provide 25 annual leave days per annum + an annual "Wither's Day"
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centers of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focused on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 51% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.