Corporate Securities Associate (Mid/Senior Level)
Permanent - Full Time
Business - Corporate
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
The Role: The focus of this role will be on preparing securities filings, merger agreements, underwriting agreements, securities fillings, negative assurance letters and opinion letters, drafting proxy statement for shareholders, and, reviewing filings to evaluate compliance with SEC Regulations and federal securities laws. A significant focus of this role will be on advising clients on global corporate legal issues, including legal risk management, contract negotiation, corporate governance, and compliance.
Skills and experience required:
- Strong academic credentials, JD required
- Admitted to, and in good standing with the State Bar of New York, California, and/or Connecticut
- Experience preparing securities filling, merger agreements, underwriting agreements, and opinion letters.
- Experience with Securities Act of 1933, Securities Act of 1934, SEC Regulations S-K and M-A
- Experience with public company work, public securities, registered equity offerings (IPOs and follow-on offerings), and private placements
- Ensure compliance with SEC Regulation S-X and screen new securities filings uploaded to SEC’s EDGAR platform.
- Strong project management ability; ability to balance a large number of competing priorities
- Team player and motivated to succeed as a group
Skills and experience preferred:
- International experience a plus
- SEC experience a plus