Permanent - Full Time
Business - Corporate
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to hire an Associate to join the Withers Hong Kong Corporate team. The ideal candidate will have worked in a corporate team and have experience with general corporate law and mergers & acquisitions. The role will at times be demanding and fast paced so you will need to be an efficient worker who can prioritise, multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
The role is focused on advising and assisting an exceptional client base of private and public companies, entrepreneurs and their families and family offices. The role will involve:
- Complex and sophisticated local and cross-border transactions involving local, regional and international corporations, financial institutions, and wealthy family entities.
- Working in a team of corporate lawyers of diverse background and expertise.
- Advising clients on a wide range of high-value and complex mergers and acquisitions transactions including joint ventures, takeovers and private equity transactions.
- Drafting of legal documents
- Legal research
Given our multi-disciplinary approach in providing our clients with solutions, you will also get to collaborate with colleagues with an exceptional wealth of experience both in the Hong Kong office and other offices, and other practice groups.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job and, as such, the role may include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Skills and Experience
- One to three years PQE with experience in corporate/M&A
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Analytical, organised and can demonstrate initiative
- Able to work as part of a dynamic team and also independently
- Good command of English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Proficient in PC skills e.g., Word, Excel & etc
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.