Administrative Assistance/Office Services Clerk
Fixed Term - Full Time
SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant/Office Services Assistant position at Withers Bergman LLP provides general in-office administrative and office services support to the firm in a detail-oriented, efficient, and organized manner. This role requires an enthusiastic and proactive person who is eager to learn and develop their administrative skills in a top international law firm. Candidates must be self-starters who are capable of multi-tasking while maintaining consistent and precise attention to details. Under the general direction of the Facilities Supervisor and Administrative Services Manager, they will be responsible for providing clerical and office support for attorneys and administrative staff, as well as providing front of house and office services coverage.
- Provide general in-office administrative support, working closely with Legal Secretaries and fee-earners.
- Assist with client file opening, conflict checks, and other processes related to onboarding new clients and opening new matters.
- Assist with the monthly billing process, including time entry, producing billing guides, transferring time, and creating pdf bill packs.
- Prepare letters and enclosures.
§ Prepare and submit expenses using Chrome River.
- Photocopy, scan, and print documents.
- Review and proofread documents.
- Scan/e-file documents.
- Assist with maintaining e-files and hard copy filing.
- Provide Notary and witness services.
- Assist other teams and support departments.
- Provide clerical support, including but not limited to, sending and distributing faxes, operating binding machine, and pick-up and shredding of documents.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, operate postage machine including ordering postage and maintain log of postage usage, deliver outgoing mail to the post office and express courier service locations, and provide local messenger services.
- Order, receive, and maintain supplies for the kitchen, meeting rooms, visitor locations, and copy/supply room supplies, and occasionally travel to local office supply vendors to obtain materials and supplies.
- Act as key operator and provide general support and maintenance of copy room equipment including copier, fax, postage, binding, and shredding machines. Place service calls when necessary.
- Provide assistance with office events, including coordinating with personnel to ensure that meeting rooms and events are set-up and broken down in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assist with office moves and transfers; provide support in office rearrangements, set-up, and clean-up.
- Pick-up files and return to appropriate storage location within the office, or pack and send to other offices.
- Establish working relationships with outside vendors and service providers.
- Greet and receive guests and clients at Front of House.
- Operate multi-line console, answer phones and transferring calls internally and between office locations, and take and deliver messages.
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference rooms for multiple offices using the global hospitality software and Web conferencing.
- Schedule visitor offices.
- Work with IT and other personnel to maintain meeting rooms and facilitate use of videoconference and other audio/visual equipment.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES REQUIRED:
- Professional demeanor; ability to positively represent the firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize a multitude of tasks and daily responsibilities and complete them under tight time constraints
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel
- Flexible attitude, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate by phone and in person with employees and vendors
- Ability to retrieve and distribute printed volumes, push and pull packages, books, boxes and files weighing up to 30 pounds and ability to retrieve and replace objects from shelves of up to 8 ft high
- Ability to travel to private and public buildings via private or public conveyance to assist attorney in attending to client needs on legal matters
- Must have flexibility for overtime before or after normal work hours
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The firm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at the firm. Employment at the firm is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The firm prohibits and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on the basis of any of these classifications or characteristics.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact the firm at 203 789 1320 or email