> Vacancy detail
This role is on-site 3 days a week
Permanent - Full Time
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
This position will work within our Estate Administration Department, with responsibilities including preparation of estate, gift, and income tax returns with particular emphasis on tax returns and accountings preparation. The job encounters recurring and new varied work situations of moderate degree of complexity. The role requires frequent contact with others inside and outside the firm including immediate partners, associates, supervisor, members of other departments or other offices, clients and court personnel, and other professionals.
• Preparation of probate documents, death, gift and income tax returns for large estates
• Prepare income projection and income tax planning
• Maintain checkbook and other bank and security or investment accounts
• Assist with federal and state audits
• Accumulate, value, and inventory all assets including real and personal property, financial accounts, stock holdings and safety deposit boxes
• Calculate estimated taxes and cash needs
• Transfer assets to beneficiaries and file all necessary paperwork to receive benefits
• Prepare post mortem planning calculations
• Perform other job duties as assigned and assist attorneys where needed
SPECIFIC SKILLS DESIRED
• A minimum of 5 years as trust and estate administration paralegal or experience in a similar field OR entry level professional with strong tax or accounting background as we are willing to train the right candidate.
• Knowledge of tax and probate accounting software with Pro Systems and GEMS is a plus but not required.
• Strong working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook. Experience with FileSite and Elite is highly preferred.
• Must possess the ability to multi-task and work under strict deadlines with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently when/if required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with legal terminology pertinent to the area of assignment.
• Bachelor’s Degree required with a preference for the degree to be in accounting, tax or accounting
• Must have strong accounting and math knowledge and technical skill.
Law.com International's Law Firm of the Year 2021
For 125 years, our firm has focused on and helped successful people, families, entrepreneurs, family businesses, governments and institutions negotiate the wide range of legal issues they face in their business and personal lives. Over time, we have gained valuable insights into the ways wealth can be generated, preserved, deployed and enhanced. We assist our clients in a variety of industry sectors including real estate, manufacturing, motorsport, luxury brands, sport, hotels and hospitality, technology, energy, art and cultural assets, life sciences, charities and philanthropy and financial services. With 18 offices our experience means we can see the global picture. We provide legal advice across a range of different practice areas including estate planning, personal and corporate tax and, corporate, banking and finance, access to capital (both private and public) both equity and debt, real estate, intellectual property, immigration, international trust structuring, philanthropy, luxury assets, international probate, public international law and international arbitration.
COVID – 19 Vaccination Policy
Withers Bergman LLP requires all new hires to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Reasonable accommodation(s) based on medical or religious grounds will be provided to qualified candidates. Candidates will be required to verify their vaccination status only after a conditional offer of employment is made. Applicants should not provide information about their vaccination status or need for accommodation prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
Withers Bergman LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at the firm. Employment at the firm is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The firm prohibits and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on the basis of any of these classifications or characteristics.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact the firm at 203 789 1320 or email email@example.com with your request. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Be the first to know when a new position becomes available with instant alerts to your phone