Head of Reward
Permanent - Full Time
- Develops the firm's reward strategy that promotes the recruitment and retention of a diverse and inclusive talent pool to set us apart competitively, to include how we manage reward, ensuring programs are competitive and sustainable, understanding the challenges and opportunities that exist now and anticipates what will be needed in the future.
- Leads a comprehensive review of the wider market and market trends on reward, recognition and wellbeing and advises the firm on use of the data to form our reward strategy. Reports this to the Global Senior Management Team and the HR Leadership Team, specifically this will include analysis of salary survey and benchmark data to inform compensation decisions.
- Leverages technology, including our new HRIS, to support, evolve and enhance user experience of all reward processes -working in collaboration with the HRIS, the HR Generalists and HRIS provider.
- Develops and implements clear reward communication plans to embed our reward strategy ensuring alignment across the firm.
- Maintains benefit related policies in handbooks and clauses in precedent correspondence.
- Leads the global annual employee salary review and bonus process. Analyses and advises on partner remuneration.
- Job analysis and benchmarking as required.
- Completion and submission of salary surveys and data requests.
- Oversees external reporting including diversity (currently including gender pay and ethnicity pay) and providing subject matter expertise to the narrative and action planning around our pay story. Also conducts global diversity pay reviews as the firm more widely looks to monitor, and where necessary, close its diversity pay gaps.
- Advises embedded HRMs and regional HRMs to ensure pay decisions are consistent, fair and equitable across divisions and regions.
- Responsible for the day to day management of all benefit plans with support of Reward Manager and regional HRMs.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal clients, embedded HRMs, regional HRMs, and reward contacts in other firms.
- Has an extensive established reward network.
- Manages external provider relationships to include managing, negotiating and reviewing provider agreements.
- Partners with vendors and delivers benefit information sessions.
- Leads budget setting and monitoring for reward, recognition and wellbeing. Ensures there is fairness for employees whilst at the same time balancing firm profitability.
- Measures ROI of our reward practices and monitors engagement to support the firm's people strategy.
- Leads the firm's wellbeing programme.
- Leads reward projects as required.
- Manages and develops team.
Qualifications and experience required
- Sound knowledge of compensation and risk benefits, credible and proven track record of success within the Reward field to include leveraging technology to achieve this.
- Highly numerate and analytical, attention to detail, good research skills, methodical and good time management.
- A highly collaborative individual with good communications skills who will build relationships and seeks to get the best out of people.
- Able to establish credibility and present information in an intelligible way both orally and in writing and with senior business leaders.
- A proven leader with the ability to think strategically, challenge the status quo and drive change.
- The ability to understand commercial drivers and to connect the dots.
- Experience of analysing data, including strong excel skills.
- Experience of managing compensation processes with the ability to build consensus across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation around benefits schemes - including pensions legislation (defined contribution and defined benefit schemes).
- Experience of conducting equal pay analysis and diversity (gender and ethnicity) pay reporting.
- Good at multi-tasking and managing priorities.
- Project management – proven track record in managing multiple areas of delivery in a timely, efficient and effective way with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Strong cross-cultural awareness, sensitivity and high level of confidentiality.
- Experience working within professional services sector (desirable).
- Relevant degree-level qualification (desirable).
- CIPD certification (desirable).