Paralegal (Private Client & Tax)
Permanent - Full Time
Private Client and Tax
About Withers KhattarWong LLP
Withers KhattarWong LLP is amongst the largest international law firms in Singapore. We are a fully integrated global law firm with lawyers located across five continents in 17 offices.
Our broad global platform allows us to guide clients through the legal challenges inherent in the ever-changing international landscape. As our client, you will receive quality advice on diverse legal and tax issues through the services of one law firm with a single communication.
Internationally, we have made a reputation for ourselves as the leading law firm for private capital; our clients include public and private companies founded by successful families, MNCs, financial institutions, international brands, family offices and HNWIs, charities and not-for-profit organisations, amongst others. We pride ourselves for our role in helping our clients achieve success.
Our team helps successful families and entrepreneurs around the world structure their assets in a way that will preserve their wealth now and for future generations. This includes assisting families with setting up their family offices, helping to review and restructure the ownership of the family wealth and family businesses to achieve the desired objectives of the family, and advising on immigration planning (including but not limited to application for Singapore employment passes, permanent residency and citizenship status) and also advising on lasting power of attorney, wills and other instruments relevant for estate planning.
Within the scope of our advice on wealth structuring, we help clients to set up structures such as domestic and international trusts, foundations and private trust companies in local as well as offshore jurisdictions and we co-ordinate the acquisition of appropriate investments. We also assist clients with establishment of their bespoke philanthropy structures (be it in the form of a charitable trust or a company limited by guarantee).
Our advice to fiduciaries covers the design and implementation of new plans, as well as the modernization and consolidation of older trusts. We also assist them in complying with the complex rules surrounding investments, accounting, taxes and compliance.
We are looking for an organised and flexible paralegal to join the team. The role will require the successful applicant to work closely with the team members in the Withers KhattarWong Private Clients and Tax (PCT) team. The scope of work may include:
- Assist lawyers in preparing documents for, and handling the processing of, immigration applications (including employment and other ancillary/relevant visa or visitor passes, Singapore PR application and Singapore citizenship applications)
- Assist lawyers in preparing documents relating to wills & probate matters and powers of attorney
- Assist lawyers in preparing of applications for tax incentive/exemptions
- Assist in preparing other documentations such as summaries of planning structures, engagement letters and bills
- Creating and maintaining document and correspondence database
- General ad hoc and administrative tasks as and when required by the lawyers
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job and, as such, the role may include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of five years of work experience.
- Experience in working on immigration or private client matters is desirable
- Previous billing experience
- Native or business level language skills in either Bahasa or Mandarin (necessary given the profile of the Firm's regional clients) as well as fluency in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Analytical, organised and can demonstrate initiative
- Able to work as part of a dynamic team and also independently
- Good academic record
- Strong skills in working with PowerPoint
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.